Orioles related trade rumors and speculation leading up to the deadline

Roll Tide

1 hour ago, bpilktree said:

As I said earlier Hicks always gets injured so you have to have another plan.   Grichuk and Suter make perfect sense to me.  Lefty reliever and a power bat that can play all 3 outfield positions.  

Agree. We need another guy who can play center and isn’t a black hole offensively. That’s a package worth acquiring imo. 

Just now, Bemorewins said:

If your question is what moves I am advocating for it would be a meaningful upgrade to the rotation Eduardo Rodriguez/Snell type would do and a bullpen upgrade. IMO we need a lock down guy for the 7th. I do not have much confidence in any of our current guys.

So let’s say they landed one of those starters and an above average relief pitcher.

What do you envision having to give up?

3 minutes ago, FlipTheBird said:

So let’s say they landed one of those starters and an above average relief pitcher.

What do you envision having to give up?

As long as it as it is not Holliday, Kjerstad, Cowser, or Mayo; I’m good. Obviously not giving up everyone else, but a combination I am cool with. You have to give to get. 

24 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Yes and I’d try to get it done with Stowers, Povich, and Wagner

The only guy it mildly hurts giving up is Povich.   I think any Orioles fan would do that deal all day long which means it’s not enough.   It’s gotta hurt a little.  You’re getting a difference making reliever who you can control 3 more seasons or flip next off season for good value.

I think an Ortiz or better has to replace Wagner at the very least.

3 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Snell and Hader

Kill two birds with one stone. SP and RP. Cano/Hader/Felix is like death row. 

in Snell you get a certified TOR (20 GS this year, 2.67 ERA, 11.9 k/9, walks little high but he makes up for it). In his has 5 games 27 IP, 3 ER, 39 Al’s he’s rolling right now. Plus he has AL East experience. 

as rentals, shouldn’t cost too much and Pads aren’t going to compete this year, They’ll likely want ML ready talent. 

42 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm not watching today, just following on Gameday.  On the highlight Cowser looked a bit slow out of the box, any chance he could have got a triple if he had gotten a clean break out of the box and pushed it?

Not being critical, I'm curious what you all think.

Yes, IMO he should have been on third.  He watched it for a second thinking it was going foul and then took off.  Gotta be more aggressive with that DH butchering LF.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

This could probably go in several threads, but I'll put it here because it fits and I'm too lazy to search right now.

Today's Athletic has the O's as #2 in their power rankings:

2. Baltimore Orioles

Record: 61-38
Last Power Ranking: 6

Biggest deadline need: Starting pitching

The Orioles’ rotation entered Sunday ranked 17th in the majors in ERA. Kyle Bradish and Tyler Wells have been solid, and John Means could return from Tommy John surgery around early September. (If Means returns, he may be best suited for a bullpen role in the postseason.) All that said, the Orioles could use a frontline starting pitcher to hold down a rotation spot in October. Sure, Shohei Ohtani spending the final months of the season in Baltimore would be incredibly entertaining. But any of the top rotation arms available may be more realistic. — SN

No mention of relief pitching, and the review seems a little superficial overall, but hey it's nice to see a little national respect anyway.