Orioles related trade rumors and speculation leading up to the deadline

Roll Tide

12 minutes ago, ChosenOne21 said:

FWIW, Baseball Trade Values says Snell and Hader for Norby, Basallo, Stowers is absolutely fleecing us. They have the player's surplus millions in value at Snell 7.2, Hader 2.9, Norby 8.7, Basallo 19.2, Stowers 2.9.

I'd do Norby and Stowers for Snell and Hader in a heartbeat, but I doubt the Padres would. This makes me think we could work something out without including Basallo though.

Thank you for looking up trade values, I would prefer to keep Basallo as well just throwing a hypothetical trade idea out there.

1 hour ago, Alasdaire said:

Elias has been waiting on a Samuel Basallo for five years now. Proof to ownership that expensive international free agents is money well spent. Seemingly unlimited offensive ceiling as an an 18 year old who is OPSing .900. Shining example to future international free agents as to why they should sign here. Contingency plan at a pivotal position in case our current catcher signs elsewhere. High-character guy who coaches rave about.

I think he would pass on throwing him into a multiple-prospect package to increase our chances of winning the world series from 3% to 3.7%.

Thank you for your response. 

1 minute ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

Dodgers rumored to be trying to pry Arenado from the Cardinals, and along with him, Montgomery or Flaherty.

https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-rumors-trades-and-signings?t=trades-and-transactions

The longer the Orioles sit on their hands, the the higher the price goes up.

/twitter.com/ByJackHarris/status/168466512https://twitter.com/ByJackHarris/status/1684665121187246080?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1684665121187246080|twgr^9ddd9f790376fb0e1d28cd189d3a6355f05bd500|twcon^s1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.mlb.com%2Fnews%2Fmlb-rumors-trades-and-signings1187246080?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1684665121187246080%7Ctwgr%5E9ddd9f790376fb0e1d28cd189d3a6355f05bd500%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.mlb.com%2Fnews%2Fmlb-rumors-trades-and-signings

I’m getting impatient too, but I think the reason we haven’t made a splash yet is because the prices are already too high. I think we’ll get a somewhat obscure reliever or two and Lance Lynn. I’m willing to bet we’re out on all the big names and the inflated prices that come with them. 

21 minutes ago, joelala said:

I’m getting impatient too, but I think the reason we haven’t made a splash yet is because the prices are already too high. I think we’ll get a somewhat obscure reliever or two and Lance Lynn. I’m willing to bet we’re out on all the big names and the inflated prices that come with them. 

Lance Lynn does nothing to help us. He's not good. As a matter of fact, he may actually hurt us more than help. Which of our starters is he better than? ... Maybe young Grayson? But is that what we want? To take the ball out of his hands every fifth day (robbing him of needed experience) only to replace him with a terrible pitcher, who probably won't do any better?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ShoelesJoe said:

I'd bet a Montgomery / Hicks package from the Cardinals would cost significantly less than Snell / Hader. Maybe Prieto + Wagner? 

I wish the Cardinals would do that but I think it would cost at least one top 100 guy to get Montgomery and Hicks.   Norby + Prieto + Wagner might be enough talent-wise but it's known that the Cardinals want to get pitching back.   Maybe Norby + Povich?  

10 minutes ago, RVAOsFan said:

What a day for Holliday to get pulled from the starting lineup, fire up the speculation. It has since been reported he is sick.  It did make me think though… who would you trade Holliday for?

I'd trade him for Zach Gallen probably. They'd have to throw in Corbin Carroll, though. ;)

Just now, Bemorewins said:

Lance Lynn does nothing to help us. He's not good. As a matter of fact, he may actually hurt us more than help. Which of our starters is he better than? ... Maybe young Grayson? But is that what we want? To take the ball out of his hands every fifth day (robbing him of needed experience) only to replace him with a terrible pitcher, who probably won't do any better?

As has been mentioned, we’ve got at least three guys who are approaching their career highs in IP and we still have two months left to play. He would just give us an arm to throw innings with some upside that we could help fix him a bit and get him pitching more like he’s been capable of in the past. I’d love Verlander or Scherzer, but I think it’s healthy to temper expectations. 

1 minute ago, joelala said:

As has been mentioned, we’ve got at least three guys who are approaching their career highs in IP and we still have two months left to play. He would just give us an arm to throw innings with some upside that we could help fix him a bit and get him pitching more like he’s been capable of in the past. I’d love Verlander or Scherzer, but I think it’s healthy to temper expectations. 

I would rather do nothing or start Cole Irvin than Lance Lynn who may be the worst starter in baseball this year. If the Orioles want to punt on their chances of legitimately making a run, IMO their are better ways to do that than Lance Lynn.

4 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

I would rather do nothing or start Cole Irvin than Lance Lynn who may be the worst starter in baseball this year. If the Orioles want to punt on their chances of legitimately making a run, IMO their are better ways to do that than Lance Lynn.

6.5 ERA …1.5 WHIP …..no thanks 

56 minutes ago, ChosenOne21 said:

FWIW, Baseball Trade Values says Snell and Hader for Norby, Basallo, Stowers is absolutely fleecing us. They have the player's surplus millions in value at Snell 7.2, Hader 2.9, Norby 8.7, Basallo 19.2, Stowers 2.9.

I'd do Norby and Stowers for Snell and Hader in a heartbeat, but I doubt the Padres would. This makes me think we could work something out without including Basallo though.

This doesn't feel right.  Basallo's not coming to the big show until at least 2025 or 2026.  I don't think they gave enough of a discount for future-year performance.

The same site thinks Willems has minimal value, so I'd take this with a grain of salt.

Edited by Hallas