Sunday July 30: Final game vs Yankees on ESPN Sunday Night Baseball

SteveA

1 minute ago, Malike said:

Funny enough, Asia was the first concert I ever saw and it was in 1982.

First one I ever paid for and drove to was Mother's Finest and Black Oak Arkansas at NC State in '77. 

First one I saw, and it was part of admission to a amusement park (Carowinds) around '75 was Starbuck and Mary MadGregor. It's a wonder I ever learned to rock after that. 

13 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

He just pitched Friday. I get your logic but I’m not sure I would do that. 4 big games coming up. Already down Fuji tomorrow. Jays hammer LHP. We need as many RHP as we can have. 

I agree. Hopefully Krehbeil pitches the 9th. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Adley is having a down year. I believe he will bounce back.
    • I admire those of you who have such confidence in this offense. It’s been absolutely terrible for months, other than the last week of the season. It was beyond terrible yesterday- yes Ragans was good but the approach was awful by every hitter. I’ll be thrilled for them to prove me overly pessimistic, but I have zero faith in these bats.  This is at least partially a defense mechanism. I am not ready for the baseball season to be over, and another terribly quick exit from the postseason would just be so dreadful. I don’t need them to win the WS. But winning one GD game would be nice. Not looking forward to six months without baseball. 
    • You don’t have to twist yourself into a pretzel to defend Hyde. If Santander’s defense costs us, it means we got to extra innings and pinch running for OHearn was the right call. Also, are you really trying to say that OHearn is so valuable a defender at 1B that we couldn’t stand to lose that glove in extras? I doubt he’s even better than Santander. 
    • Here's what people thought a couple weeks ago.   
    • Wieters' bWAR was 13.3 through his first 4 seasons (2009 - 2012).  It ended at 18.3 after his last season in 2020, so he was basically ineffective for the last 8 years of his career. Adley's bWAR is 13.1 through his first 3 seasons. So it isn't like Wieters didn't have a strong start to his career just like Adley did.  I think the concern that folks have is that the rest of Adley's career will play out like the rest of Wieters' career.  It seemed very unlikely halfway through this year, but this has been one hell of a drop-off.   And after Wieters never lived up to expectations, it is definitely a fear that we may be reliving this again.  Let's hope this second half was just an aberration.   
    • Adley has been in a horrible almost 4 month slump. Before that, he was the WAY BETTER offensive player. But I pose this question: What does it matter if Rutschman turns out to be worse than Wieters? Matt Wieters was drafted almost TWENTY YEARS AGO. No one in this org had anything to do with him being on our roster. HEck none of our current front office was even here for his entire Orioles' career.
    • I do feel like Adley is out of shape or at least has gotten more out of shape than usual. That’s part of the reason I think he’s hurt…not working out as much. If he is healthy and the slump is this bad, I’m ok questioning whether or not the new GF(ie the distraction) is part of it. Is he putting everything into the game that he should?  
  • Popular Contributors