Blue Jays 4-game series

Just Regular

3 hours ago, AdamK said:

After this 4 game series, we'll face them for a 3-game set in Baltimore August 22nd-24th.

Thanks in large part to a May series sweep in their own home and taking 2 of 3 in Baltimore in June, if the O's split this 4 game series in Toronto they can win the season series.

Hoping a quiet Trade Deadline doesn't distract the team or suck any fun out of the clubhouse.

Luckily, I firmly believe this team is pretty locked in and believes they can continue to have success as they are currently constructed. They are young and have a lot of confidence and I don't think they'll be easily broken with a quiet deadline. 

• Upvote 1

If Cowser breaks out and then gets hit with a beer can is that considered a split? Guess it depends on which section it was thrown from. 

Dirtbags.

There was a fun OH thread from May ("This team is good") when we swept them that has a post from @interloper that I STILL get a chuckle out of from time to time.

He said:

On 5/21/2023 at 10:41 AM, interloper said:

Yesterday we put Toronto in the basement alone and it felt GOOD. The Jays are a bunch of overhyped salty dorks. They managed to make Adam Frazier seem cool yesterday lol.

• Haha 1

I've not been able to watch as many games as I've wanted, but... "smoke and mirrors" or not, this certainly appears to be a playoff team. Maybe even one that can do things once they get there especially if they're too young to really feel the pressure of what they're doing.

Not used to seeing NYY/BOS at the bottom of the East. Kinda cool actually. lol