Monday, July 31: Orioles finish July in Canada

SteveA

2 minutes ago, Alasdaire said:

Stealing like that twice in a row is bad sports science. Only allowing ~30 seconds of rest after maximum effort isn't enough time to regenerate ATP sufficient for to do it again at the same intensity.

Don't you dare bring up science.  @terpoh will mock you.

You are incorrect though.

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

I thought Santander going for 3rd in the 1st inning was a far worse decision than sending Mateo to 3rd.

But one worked out and the other didn't.

Baseball.

Much worse decision. But one worked and one didn’t, so I suppose that dictates which was a stupid idea and which was “being aggressive and making your own breaks”…

Edited by e16bball

2 minutes ago, yark14 said:

Don't you dare bring up science.  @terpoh will mock you.

You are incorrect though.

Care to explain how?

ATP takes several minutes to regenerate after depletion. The sprint between bases wouldn't tap you entirely, but I don't think you would be back to full go on back-to-back pitches, which matters when the difference between out and safe is milliseconds.

8 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

How'd the body language look after he ran into an out?  Confident stride back to the dugout?

The guy hasn't been on base like more than twice in a month lol. Of course he's going to get exicted when he has the chance to attempt to steal. 

Moor point now. Gunnar guns 1.