Jack Flaherty acquired for Cesar Prieto, Drew Rom, and Zach Showalter

ChuckS

https://www.mlb.com/video/jack-flaherty-strikes-out-nine-x4932?partnerId=web_video-playback-page_video-share

If anyone is interested in a very cherry-picked highlight showing the best of what Flaherty can do. No issues with the stuff. I think he's going to fit right into this SP group who have good stuff, good-enough command, and competitive spirit. 

6 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

Relief Pitcher….Personally I’m not counting on Means for anything this year. 

I think we got a dose of reality last night.  Ryu was making his first start back.  Ryu had made 4 rehab starts prior.  For Means to be considered for the playoffs, he'd have to start his rehab starts by Aug. 20th or so.  

3 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I think we got a dose of reality last night.  Ryu was making his first start back.  Ryu had made 4 rehab starts prior.  For Means to be considered for the playoffs, he'd have to start his rehab starts by Aug. 20th or so.  

Yep. Although Ryu does throw like 88. 

But Means can basically replace Irvin in the bullpen if they want to go that route. 

Any chance this makes us more (or less) likely to resign Flarehty?  Could be a high upside guy, even though he's had an injury history.  He also had a top 5 Cy Young year.

Obviously a problem for after the season, but he was always a pitcher I liked and might be in the Os price range anyways.

7 minutes ago, MarCakes21 said:

Any chance this makes us more (or less) likely to resign Flarehty?  Could be a high upside guy, even though he's had an injury history.  He also had a top 5 Cy Young year.

Obviously a problem for after the season, but he was always a pitcher I liked and might be in the Os price range anyways.

Assuming we make the playoffs and he enjoys his time here, it can basically only increase the chances he would sign here. Whether or not that's something Elias/Angelos would want to do is another discussion.

But he's younger than Tyler Wells and he would appear to be a fit here. Extensions and multi-year free agency deals are two areas we have yet to see Elias dip a toe into. 

Edited by interloper