Friday, August 4: Buck and the Mets come to town

SteveA

6 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

I am flabbergasted that our backup catcher has managed to steal 2 bases. I still don't agree with the decision to attempt them for McCann.

Yeah too bad he somehow got to third and scored on a sac fly. Jeesh

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Gurgi said:

You think the Mets can him after the season?

Might come to some sort of mutual parting of ways.   They have talked about taking a step back and retooling to be good in '25, I don't know if Buck wants to voluntarily go through a rebuild year.

Just now, SteveA said:

Might come to some sort of mutual parting of ways.   They have talked about taking a step back and retooling to be good in '25, I don't know if Buck wants to voluntarily go through a rebuild year.

He has one year left on deal. I agree with your line of thinking. If he isn’t back it’s because he doesn’t want to. 

As bad as the NL is I think they can make the playoffs next year. I would not concede it anyway. 

1 minute ago, LA2 said:

Yeah too bad he somehow got to third and scored on a sac fly. Jeesh

In hindsight after a reversed replay call sure. But what are the odds of that happening 9 times out of 10?

In a close game, it's wiser to play the odds. But now thay we've broken it open we can afford to be more aggressive and take bigger risks.

• Upvote 1