Kevin Brown absence explained?

Sports Guy

I still feel certain there is more to it than what is being reported. I cannot believe that Angelos was absolutely fine with Brown and then this happened and he got suspended indefinitely. Something else is going on here. Of course, what that something is probably makes Angelos look just as stupid and petty. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, dzorange said:

Unfortunately (or luckily) I just assume that most sports team owners or scumbags.

If the O’s don’t win the AL, is it better if the Rangers do?

I know one NBA owner personally.  I've known him since he was about 14 years old.  I can vouch for him not being a scumbag.  So there is that. 

Just now, Yossarian said:

I know one NBA owner personally.  I've known him since he was about 14 years old.  I can vouch for him not being a scumbag.  So there is that. 

I’m sure there are good ones. But they’re in the minority and I’m not privy to really know who’s good from bad.

3 minutes ago, Yossarian said:

The thing is, this Angelos story isn't even about whether or not he's a scumbag. What's being reported isn't just petty or mean. It's bizarre, insane. It makes no sense on any level I can think of. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Yossarian said:

Josh Harris is one owner who comes to mind who is a genuine, decent person. 

I only check X/twitter every so often but I took a look tonight.  JA is trending hard and if you read through those posts... well, it's a huge collection of profanity laced hate.  Quite brutal.  I'd love to post some of my favorite ones but I'd get banned for the language.  I hope that SOB consumes every one.

Edited by Ripken
  • Upvote 1

I want to believe there’s more to the story than we know. The problem I have is all these fellow broadcasters coming to his defense and calling out the Orioles. I feel like if you’re going to call out another franchise’s management, you really should have your ducks in a row and know what you’re talking about. So I am somewhat inclined to believe there’s really nothing more to the story, or a lot of broadcasters are going to have a lot of apologizing to do.