Wednesday, August 9: Orioles try to bounce back after tough loss to Astros

SteveA

Just now, Hallas said:

A rookie hitting like a pitcher is kind of borderline embarassing to me.

Struggling to the tune of like .600 OPS is typical rookie struggling.  .425 is a little more than that.

I can understand people being quits on a guy like Mateo who has years of proof that he just might not be a success.  But a guy like Cowser who was a high draft pick who was mashing the ball in AAA and only has a small sample size does not really deserve a ton of angst over.  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

A rookie struggling with less than 100 ab's is not embarrassing.  It is in fact kind of normal to be honest.

.125 / .286 / .161 / .446 (31 OPS+)

Only the OBP is near-acceptable even for a rookie w approx. 100 ABs.

Edited by LA2

1 minute ago, Gurgi said:

I can understand people being quits on a guy like Mateo who has years of proof that he just might not be a success.  But a guy like Cowser who was a high draft pick who was mashing the ball in AAA and only has a small sample size does not really deserve a ton of angst over.  

I don’t think anybody is quitting on Cowser, he’s hopefully an important part of our future. But it’s still factual that hes playing quite poorly. Offensively and defensively 

Just now, Gurgi said:

There are AAAA players. I am not convinced that he is or isn't one, but he's not lighting MLB on fire exactly. In a pennant race, it's tough to continue to give him at-bats.