Wednesday, August 9: Orioles try to bounce back after tough loss to Astros

SteveA

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

I guess technically she's correct, but it's still awkward.  Back-to-back means in consecutive at bats, IMO.  Adley and Gunnar hit back-to-back homers at the top of the order.  IMO, you don't have "back-to-back" walks when you haven't been up in 3 innings.  

Yeah, sounds like something Jim Hunter would say too.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Alasdaire said:

This booth is unbearable. Two nice people, but putting them on in the wake of the KB debacle a night after having Jason LaCanfora in the booth is borderline offensive to O's fans.

It is literally one of the reasons I won't watch it. I'll just wait for the condensed game highlights from Houston. 

I’m really loath to jump in on the Melanie bashing because I don’t think she’s been nearly as bad tonight as the thread as a whole seems to…

But yikes, her description of her “not-so-deep dive” into advanced analytics — particularly her takeaway from expected versus actual stats — was extraordinary.

Unless I badly misunderstood her, she genuinely thinks that the “expected” stats are what they projected the player to do (i.e., his pre-season *expectations*).

Edited by e16bball