When rosters expand who do we call up???

DocJJ

3 minutes ago, Sanity Check said:

It will also be interesting to see who stays at Norfolk for their playoffs, and then who comes up when those are over.

Are you implying that they would keep someone down because of the AAA playoffs? I can't imagine they would do that.

12 minutes ago, MCO'sFan said:

Are you implying that they would keep someone down because of the AAA playoffs? I can't imagine they would do that.

Only if the player(s) were not needed at the major league level....meaning, I don't think they'd call up players to the expanded roster just to sit if they would otherwise have a chance to play in the playoffs with Norfolk.  If Ortiz or a hot pitcher is needed in September, they would absolutely get the call up....but only if needed.  Right now, the core guys are playing and anyone from Norfolk who could better help the team would likely already be here.

So, I do think some guys get called up after those playoffs just get the taste of the winning culture and develop a hunger to do what it takes in the offseason to be part of that in the future.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

There's no way Kremer is left off the roster. Not a snowball's chance. His ERA may not reflect it, but he's been a very steady force in the rotation and has been able to get both himself, and the team, out of jams. 

Last season he was the only pitcher who managed to pitch a complete game shutout. That shows the resiliency he has and how much Brandon Hyde believes in him.

Kremer will be on the roster.

Kremer has a 4.50 ERA, 5.32 xERA, 4.87 FIP and 4.48 xFIP. He’s not been good by any measure. That matters more than anything else.

Assume they have 12 pitchers on their playoff roster:

Starters (4): Bradish, Grayson, Flaherty, Means

Long Reliever (1): Gibson OR Irvin. 

Relievers (7): Bautista, Cano, Coulombe, Perez, Webb, Fujinami, Baumann. 

That doesn’t even include DL Hall, who I’d also much rather have as a 1 IP reliever than Kremer. Who is coming out for Kremer?

Assuming everyone is healthy, Kremer has to surpass 2 of Means, Gibson and Irvin or 2 of Webb, Fujinami, Baumann, and Hall. Certainly a good chance that doesn’t happen and as of right now I think he’s on the outside looking in.