Attending first game in a long time

DenPA2002

Same for my wife and I.  We live in Orlando (Os fan since 1969), I've only been to one game at Camden Yards and it was rained out.  That was 25 years ago.  We'll be in town for the final game of the season against the Red Sox. Pretty psyched.  Anybody got recommendations for an Italian restaurant in Little Italy after the game?    

7 hours ago, Prayin4Reign said:

Same for my wife and I.  We live in Orlando (Os fan since 1969), I've only been to one game at Camden Yards and it was rained out.  That was 25 years ago.  We'll be in town for the final game of the season against the Red Sox. Pretty psyched.  Anybody got recommendations for an Italian restaurant in Little Italy after the game?    

I recommend https://www.amiccis.com/  Amiccis in Little Italy.  Great food,  friendly & unpretentious, hard to believe they’ve been around for 30 years now.  I moved away 7 years ago but when I visit I make the attempt to get back to Amiccis.  

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Prayin4Reign said:

i agree it is amiccis ,my girlfriend works there,the foods is delicious,i highly recommend.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

Looks like you got to see a good game. You always want to see them win when you're there. :)

Yes, another amazing game!! The grand slam was awesome and some great plays in the field. It's someone different every night. Recorded this game since I got the MLB package for rest of season.

We did have some incidents getting to/from the stadium this time. LRT construction and we had to be bused a few stops. Took about 35 mins on the bus stuck in traffic. On the way back at 10pm, bus had to pull over and police involved in a heated argument with bus driver and local passenger (non baseball fan). Then police involved again on LRT at Fairgrounds for passenger passed in aisle that we had to stop over that 'came-to' as that was happening.

A little scary on the bus and has soured my wife from going to any more games unless we drive to stadium. Where to park?

7 hours ago, DenPA2002 said:

Yes, another amazing game!! The grand slam was awesome and some great plays in the field. It's someone different every night. Recorded this game since I got the MLB package for rest of season.

We did have some incidents getting to/from the stadium this time. LRT construction and we had to be bused a few stops. Took about 35 mins on the bus stuck in traffic. On the way back at 10pm, bus had to pull over and police involved in a heated argument with bus driver and local passenger (non baseball fan). Then police involved again on LRT at Fairgrounds for passenger passed in aisle that we had to stop over that 'came-to' as that was happening.

A little scary on the bus and has soured my wife from going to any more games unless we drive to stadium. Where to park?

Either a parking pass for one of the stadium lots, or otherwise the garage on Pratt and Penn.  Just make sure you get there early because traffic gets congested with everyone trying to get to the stadium off of MLK blvd at the same time.

20 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

Light rail is also a good option. You can park at the station and the train will take you within walking distance to the stadium.

One thing to watch out for anyone going this weekend against Tampa and riding light rail certain stops don't have a lot of parking spots.

This tends to be an issue for Ravens games, but it might affect this weekend with one game already being a sellout and the others close behind.

18 hours ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

Light rail is also a good option. You can park at the station and the train will take you within walking distance to the stadium.

Thanks. The light rail train is where we had the problems on Monday.

Does anyone know when the construction will be over so we don't have to jump to a bus? I can't imagine they would use buses for the football game on the 24th. That's our next scheduled visit.

2 hours ago, Just Regular said:

Is there anything to be aware of tonight between the North Linthicum light rail line and the stadium?    I haven't used light rail since moving south, but testing that out this evening at a lower attended game.    

Do postgame southbound riders have any last train factors to worry about?

I stumbled on the facebook site which seem to explain the issues which were weather related. (and they did offer express shuttle buses for past Sunday's game)

There is some mention of sound bound but that was for the Ravens game so you are probably ok for tonight.

https://www.facebook.com/mtamaryland

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Just Regular said:

Is there anything to be aware of tonight between the North Linthicum light rail line and the stadium?    I haven't used light rail since moving south, but testing that out this evening at a lower attended game.    

Do postgame southbound riders have any last train factors to worry about?

Nope.  The good thing about parking at North Linthicum, which I always do, is that you can get on a southbound train after the game that is labelled "Cromwell Station" OR you can get one one labelled "BWI Airport".   Because the line forks south of North Linthicum.   So either train gets you to North Linthicum.  A lot of folks park at Cromwell in Glen Burnie and come up, so they can't get on a BWI train.   So if a BWI train happens to come first, even if you are on a crowded platform, you may be able to get on it while the Cromwell folks have to wait for a Cromwell train.

And all the stuff you read about interruptions in the line that have to be serviced by buses, etc., to my knowledge are all north of Camden Yards.    For the most part the light rail from AA County to OPACY pretty much never has those issues.

• Thanks 1