Arm injury for Bautista?

Sports Guy

4 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Rivera was the most important player on those Yankees teams? I don’t think so. 

He was literally the WS MVP in 99.

But Wettland won it in 96 and obviously was replaced pretty effectively.

Edited by pdiddy

I'm sure Cano will go to the 9th, but I'd put Webb. I wouldn't change up Cano's role. Isn't he like 4/8 in save opportunities this year? He just seems to work best in the 8th. I'd keep Coloumbe to the middle of the game tight spots/7th, Fuji 6th/7th, Cano 8th, Webb 9th. 

2 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Timeline wise I have to think Hyde this afternoon saying "tough to see him get news" overtakes any teammate hopeful "he felt better after the game" kind of quote from last night.

The news could have been that he's being shut down.. which wouldn't play either way...

4 minutes ago, pdiddy said:

He was literally the WS MVP in 99.

He was, right, but let's be real. He pitched 4 2/3 scoreless innings and had 2 saves in 3 appearances. He's had far better weeks in his career than he did in that series.

Edited by Malike
  • Upvote 1

Mariano had five Top 5 CYA finishes, peaking at 2nd place in 2005 when Bartolo and his 21 wins got the nod over Johan Santana.    B-Ref has Johan with 7.2 WAR and the other two guys with 4.0 that year.

No AL starter having that Johan type year this year was part of why I thought a door might be cracked.    I still think Bradish with 6 gems could get in the mix if Gerrit wobbles.

9 hours ago, Jammer7 said:

What are they supposed to do? Cry about it? I mean, every team has injuries. It is exactly next man up, or roll over and show your belly and die. 

Who said anything about crying and rolling over and “showing your belling and dying” whatever that might mean?

I was stated an obvious fact that we will try to replace Felix with someone who is not as good and hope for the best. It doesn’t mean that our season is over but it is a major blow.