Angels Series

dystopia

16 hours ago, dystopia said:

Game 1:  Rodriguez (4-3, 5.03 ERA) vs. Rosenberg (0-0, 6.43 ERA)

Game 2: Kremer (12-5, 4.20 ERA) vs.  Detmers (3-10, 5.01 ERA)

Game 3: Gibson (13-8, 5.15 ERA) vs. Sandoval (7-11, 4.19 ERA)

Obviously 2/3 would be great as always, but considering this team just got swept by Oakland, it would be slightly disappointing to lose any games to this raging dumpster fire.

I hope we get the good Gibson.

2 hours ago, Rbiggs2525 said:

With Hicks back our team platoons are great again. Good time to give Santander a day or 2 at DH. I wish the broadcast would have picked up on his all time game yesterday. He went 3-2 his first 4 AB’s after missing so much time and no rehab assignment. Putting over 24 pitches on Gallen cannot be understated. As for the series, this team has Brandon Drury and Randal Grichuck hitting middle of the order. We should be fine.

Randal Grichuk has always hit us well. Gary Thorne used to comment on it frequently.

4 hours ago, dystopia said:

I'm going to defend the "must win game" people for a moment, even though it's obviously ludicrous to expect the O's to win out with over 20 games to go (and TB isn't winning out either).

But losing 2/3 in this series would be one of those moments, should we lose the division by a game or two, that you look back on and start fuming about.

If we lose the division by a game, it’s obviously McKenna’s fault for dropping a ball six months ago.

Here's the truth... The O's could lose all three games in this series, ending their sweep-avoidance streak, and they would still be in excellent shape to compete for the division crown.

Several posters in this thread would likely off themselves if that happened, so I hope for their sake that the O's have a dominant showing.

11 minutes ago, CallMeBrooksie said:

Here's the truth... The O's could lose all three games in this series, ending their sweep-avoidance streak, and they would still be in excellent shape to compete for the division crown.

Several posters in this thread would likely off themselves if that happened, so I hope for their sake that the O's have a dominant showing.

That's absolutely true... but it would also be hella embarrassing to get swept by a team that just got swept by Oakland and is 8-22 since the trade deadline.

9 minutes ago, dystopia said:

That's absolutely true... but it would also be hella embarrassing to get swept by a team that just got swept by Oakland and is 8-22 since the trade deadline.

Really don’t care about being “embarrassed” by losing a series or being swept by an inferior team.  Do care, a lot, about winning the division.