Angels Series

dystopia

Most consecutive series of 2+ games without being swept:

1942-44 Cardinals: 125
1903-05 Giants: 106
2022-pres. Orioles: 84 ** active streak extended w/LAA series
1922-24 Yankees: 83

No team since WW2 has come close to this Os record for not being swept 

we have six more regular season series which would take us to 90.  Do not think postseason counted in this. 

8 hours ago, dystopia said:

White Sox and Royals are up there. Royals somehow have one of the worst farm systems. 

White Sox just moved their Farm System Director into the VP & GM position, apparently out of loyalty to him.  Their farm system was ranked 26th at the start of the 2023 season and only jumped up to 20th in August after a sell-off in July brought in talent from other orgs.

I hold them right up there with the Angels.

One advantage of mlb.tv is being able to go back and watch some games or game moments on the opposing team's broadcast, especially to hear some unfiltered, un-Angelosed comments about our club. On Gunnar's backhanded dive and throw in the bottom of the 7th they just said, "Wow..." and mentioned he already put up a few good defensive plays in the series.

At the end of the game, they were lamenting that they lost the lead in the top of the 10th despite Soriano retiring all the batters he faced. "They lost the game with three ground ball outs. Kind of a ridiculous way to lose a game." I reckon it is. But I'll take it! 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, tntoriole said:

Most consecutive series of 2+ games without being swept:

1942-44 Cardinals: 125
1903-05 Giants: 106
2022-pres. Orioles: 84 ** active streak extended w/LAA series
1922-24 Yankees: 83

No team since WW2 has come close to this Os record for not being swept 

we have six more regular season series which would take us to 90.  Do not think postseason counted in this. 

As others have pointed out, the Cardinals benefited from a watered-down league due to the war. So we may have to back to the beginning of the last century to find a better streak.

1 hour ago, Uli2001 said:

As others have pointed out, the Cardinals benefited from a watered-down league due to the war. So we may have to back to the beginning of the last century to find a better streak.

This is true, but all teams benefited  or did not benefit by this, not just  the Cards.  The war caused drafts for MLB players, not   picking and choosing a special way.   If only  the Cards were not drafted, this would be a valid point, but it was not that way.  

2 hours ago, Uli2001 said:

As did our ancestors, the Browns who won their only title during that era. Still, quality of opposition varies for lots of reasons over the last 120 years and records by tradition are recorded and recognized nonetheless. 
I mean consider the AL Central “champion” lol 

But this record has no parallel in MLB my lifetime since late 50s .. a remarkable achievement!!  

Edited by tntoriole