O's 2024 Infield

larrytt

What's the most likely infield next year? My tentative list is below, but there's also Adam Frazier and Jordan Westburg. I'm also not sure about whether Holliday would be playing second or shortstop. With Jorge Mateo as the backup, that makes Frazier and/or Westburg (also maybe Hicks/McKenna) available to trade for a top starting pitcher or two. (I'm assuming the outfield will most likely be Santander, Mullins, and Hayes, with O'Hearn the DH against righty pitchers and a backup at first and outfield.) However, I haven't been following things closely enough to know if I'm way off on this.

1st Ryan Mountcastle
2nd Jackson Holliday
SS Gunnar Henderson
3rd Ramon Urias

-Larrytt

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

Frazier signed a 1 year deal.

Unfortunately, he will not be on the team.

They could re-sign him.  I’d love that, just to watch @Sports Guy’s head explode!  😎

Honestiy, that would make zero sense. 

I think the odds are against Holliday making the OD roster, but it wouldn’t shock me, either.   

• Haha 4

31 minutes ago, Frobby said:

They could re-sign him.  I’d love that, just to watch @Sports Guy’s head explode!  😎

Honestiy, that would make zero sense. 

I think the odds are against Holliday making the OD roster, but it wouldn’t shock me, either.   

Extend him now and you don’t worry about the service time stuff.

That said, I think they send him to AAA to start to keep working on his defense.

But the Holliday question is one of the biggest in the offseason.

I also think what they do with Westburg and Ortiz is big as well. I am of the thought that you can’t keep both, assuming they carry good value in a trade, which I would assume both would.

1 minute ago, Roy Firestone said:

I would NOT rule out Coby Mayo mid season next year, and he COULD play either 3b or 1b...dont sleep on him.

No reason to think he won’t be ready by midseason next year.  Just a matter of whether they can make room.  

5 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

I would NOT rule out Coby Mayo mid season next year, and he COULD play either 3b or 1b...dont sleep on him.

Was just about to post the same idea.  I was wondering if they don't try to trade Mountcastle, Hays, Santander, Urias, Mateo, O'Hearn, and/or Mullins this offseason to make room for Mayo, Kerjstad, Cowser, Holliday, Ortiz, and/or Norby

• Upvote 1