Things are going South in a hurry

Satyr3206

17 minutes ago, RVAOsFan said:

Has anyone else been wondering what they do about the splash zone when we are playing post season baseball in 50 degree weather?

There was an article in The Sun where that was mentioned just yesterday. A suggestion was to use warm water but some people will wear wet suits and other things.

The Orioles have only lost more than 2 in a row twice all season.   A 3 game losing streak in early May and a 4 game losing streak in late June/early July.

In games where the Orioles have lost the previosu two times, they are 13-3.

They should bounce back like they always have.

2 minutes ago, Malike said:

I read they tested a flamethrower out there to help warm the fans up but the results were less than satisfactory.

I saw that they had some thoughts on how to improve the process, but were struggling to get another group of test volunteers for some reason.

3 hours ago, Too Tall said:

With 17 games to go, the magic number to make the playoffs is 4. FOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, it's 5.  Blue Jays have 66 losses, meaning their highest possible win total is 96.  We are at 91.  5 wins guarantees us a tie with Toronto at worst, and we hold the tie-breaker on them.

2 minutes ago, Number5 said:

Actually, it's 5.  Blue Jays have 66 losses, meaning their highest possible win total is 96.  We are at 91.  5 wins guarantees us a tie with Toronto at worst, and we hold the tie-breaker on them.

But Texas has 64 losses and Seattle has 65.  They play each other 7 times.   So at least one of those teams is guaranteed to lose at least 68 games.

So all we have to do is win 95 games.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, SteveA said:

But Texas has 64 losses and Seattle has 65.  They play each other 7 times.   So at least one of those teams is guaranteed to lose at least 68 games.

So all we have to do is win 95 games.

Aha!  That's twice now that I've overlooked that scheduling.  Thanks.

3 hours ago, Malike said:

6th seed gets MIN it appears. That would be most advantageous if we don't win the division.

The Orioles have a 10.5 game lead on the #6 seed.  If we do what it takes to fall to 6, I’m not sure I like our chances against anyone.

4 hours ago, Number5 said:

Aha!  That's twice now that I've overlooked that scheduling.  Thanks.

It would be unfortunate if we clinch a playoff spot when MASN isn't televising, so Saturday (with apparently a sell-out or close to a sell-out) would be the perfect night to clinch.