Friday, September 15: Orioles vs Rays, televised exclusively by AppleTV+

SteveA

2 minutes ago, baltfan said:

I guess Kjerstad can’t hit lefties?  

The lefties in AAA are far inferior to the lefties seen in the Majors. This is why Gunnar struggled with lefties so much the first half of the season. There's just not that many great lefties in the minors, because all the best ones get promoted to the Majors ASAP.

Just now, baltfan said:

Has TB hung a single breaking pitch or left anything over the middle.  It’s unreal.  They have really come to play and are beating the snot out of the Orioles. 

Always feared the Orioles were done with mirrors.  So far they are proving it now.   

23 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Aaron Hicks as an .843 OPS coming into tonight's game as an Oriole. He's one move I'm not going to criticize even if I had my doubts when the Orioles picked him up.

The OPS is a mirage based on an a fluky, lucky, and usustainable .342 BABIP coming into today. Hicks has a career .273 BABIP.

Hicks is a garbage defender in the outfield. If Hicks is one move you're not going to criticize, you should take a deeper look into player performance and pay much closer attention to defense. Because if you were paying attention to any of that, you would criticize how Hyde and Elias have handled Hicks.

Starting Hicks over Hays tonight - in the biggest game of the year - was a preposterous lineup move. But that doesn't change the fact Hicks is a mediocre baseball player who isn't good enough to justify starting for a winning team.

Edited by Brooks The Great