9/20: Bradish Deserved Much Better

cboemmeljr

25 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Tough bullpen night for sure, but they are taxed right now. The Orioles need a long start by Grayson badly tonight.

I’m always nervous when one of our starters has a 7+ inning outing in their previous turn, that they’ll tire the next time out.  Here, Grayson is coming off an 8 inning outing.  Also, this is the first time he’s pitched on only four days’ rest since early August. So, I’m not that optimistic that he’ll have a 6+ inning outing today.  I hope I’m wrong - his pitch count (95) was reasonable last time, at least.

Bradish was very good, but would have liked to see him more aggressive with the fastball and not rely so heavily on the slider. Although effective, seemed to run his pitch count up and not allow him to get 7 innings.

Failing to convert on the 1st and 3rd, 0 out situation was the killer though.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Good stuff. The bullpen does do a good job of getting groundballs and Bradish, GRod and Burnes are not flyball heavy pitchers although obviously GROd and Bradish have only been out there so much since the start of 2023 and Burnes is just 2024.  Still, they have kept those numbers down.
    • I twisted something and included Cohen.  That's my bad.  And I agree with almost all of this.  My post was more on tying the uber wealth of current ownership to simply having the ability to spend to any level.  The Orioles ownership group is one of the most powerful in all of sports.  I think they will make the Orioles more profitable and I think those profits will be reinvested in a way previous ownership did not. I do not anticipate, but would wildly applaud, ownership funding talent/salary increases out of pocket.  Thanks for the well articulated response.
    • Or another drop-off. Which is more likely at 37?
    • I don’t think we have heard that at all. I believe Elias said that Mateo should be a full go for ST. If what you are saying is accurate, I would agree it’s not worth keeping him around. I just don’t think it’s accurate.
    • Mateo is going to llikely miss the first part of the year and then be limited for much of the year d/t his elbow injury.  I think he won't be able to do much more than DH the early part of the year.  Is he worth signing just for 2025.  Imo, if the O's bring him back, it should be for 2 years.  It could be that Mateo is the backup 1B to Mayo, don't laugh.
    • His statcast page is really good though. He could be a candidate for a bounce back and will likely be a relatively cheap signing. I don’t love the fit but I can see the justification for doing it.
    • Mathematically I'm sure they will get better just because they have been so bad against the pass so far this year I can't imagine it getting much worse. I'm not so sure they will take a step forward against the team that has scored the most points in the whole NFL next Sunday though.   😬 Our best defensive game so far was against Josh Allen and the Bills though so I guess anything is possible.  You would think we would be able to come up with some schemes to confuse a rookie QB.
  • Popular Contributors