Trevor Bauer

Yossarian

4 hours ago, SilentJames said:

I understand that some here are taking this opportunity to stand up for a man they believe has been wronged by "the mob," I would remind you that he doesnt deny he beat her, just that he didnt break her skull. 

Did you watch the video? It shows:

1. She conspired with friends to get his money.
2. She planned to use sex to get it.
3. She videoed herself looking absolutely fine (physically and emotionally) the next morning.
4. The judge concluded that "no physical assault or non-consensual sexual activity took place", and 
5. He says that he never sexually assaulted this woman or any other woman for that matter.

Now I've said in this thread that I don't like Bauer, don't trust that he hasn't had other legit issues with women and don't want him on this team, but the man was framed here. Please stop saying that he doesn't deny it. He explicitly does. Just watch the video for yourself.

• Upvote 2

On 10/3/2023 at 11:38 AM, Hank Scorpio said:

I'm very unsure that his stuff would translate at age 32 back to MLB. His numbers this year in Japan:

https://npb.jp/bis/eng/players/33235157.html 

Let's be real.... there's very little chance that any MLB team is going to want to endure the waterfall of **** that would rain down upon them after offering Bauer a job. 

He was 12th in the 6-team Central League in ERA (min 100 innings). His 2.79 looks superficially good, but the league ERA was 3.19. So even before you start talking talent differences, if you want to translate his numbers of the Majors you have to multiply ERA by about 1.44. So his '23 performance was something like a 4.04 ERA in a AAAA league.

What would be a fair price for a 32-year-old with a, say, 3.75 ERA in AAA? Even if he's a good clubhouse guy.

I’ve watched a lot of his content on the “momentum” channel on YouTube and IG. It’s entertaining. The stuff with Eric Sim is hilarious. However… there’s just something a little off with Bauer. 

Bauer had that beef with Gerrit Cole at UCLA. Bauer is into women. No doubt. I mean look at his agent. Google Rachel Luba. You’re welcome. There’s a lot of professional athletes out there sleeping with women. Not everyone of them gets accused of the violent stuff that Bauer does. Multiple women. Just like Wander Franco likes em young. Bauer likes them beat up. 

Elephant in the room… just because someone asks you to do something to them, doesn’t mean you have to do it. That wasn’t his first rodeo. You just don’t go from zero to punching a woman and choking her out. Cmon. 

2 hours ago, DrungoHazewood said:

He was 12th in the 6-team Central League in ERA (min 100 innings). His 2.79 looks superficially good, but the league ERA was 3.19. So even before you start talking talent differences, if you want to translate his numbers of the Majors you have to multiply ERA by about 1.44. So his '23 performance was something like a 4.04 ERA in a AAAA league.

What would be a fair price for a 32-year-old with a, say, 3.75 ERA in AAA? Even if he's a good clubhouse guy.

There was a guy on his team, Katsuki Azuma, who put up a 2.03 ERA in more innings. We should go after him in a couple years.