Trevor Bauer

Yossarian

8 minutes ago, SilentJames said:

FWIW its why I wouldnt want Aroldis Chapman or German on the team either. I personally have zero tolerance for this stuff. 

Wander Franco might be a free agent soon too. 

It's looking increasingly likely that Bauer did nothing wrong in this case, and it was a set-up and money-grab.

The only Bauer did was have consensual sex and then be slandered by his accusers and a complicit media.

You know when you denounce "conspiracy theorists" they exist for a reason: Because the media is lying about everything all the time.  Like they were just caught redhanded doing in this case.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Rbiggs2525 said:

Not really interested in terms of signing him but very interested to see how this plays out. I personally do not think he’s 100% innocent or there would be major lawsuits against MLB and Dodgers. Dodgers owe him 100 million $ then.

Lawsuits incoming for sure.  A lot of people are going to get sued.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Pickles said:

So, I'm assuming that this thread was started in response to the revelations that the media, in particular The Athletic, knowingly published FALSE information, which painted Bauer in a negative light.

I don't want this guy in the O's clubhouse for a bunch of reasons, but he's been maligned and treated very unfairly and honestly, it sucks.

As much as you may think you hate the media in this country, you don't hate them nearly enough.

Where is the allegation that The Athletic knowingly published false information.  Not saying you aren't telling the truth, just want to see the evidence.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Pickles said:

It's looking increasingly likely that Bauer did nothing wrong in this case, and it was a set-up and money-grab.

The only Bauer did was have consensual sex and then be slandered by his accusers and a complicit media.

You know when you denounce "conspiracy theorists" they exist for a reason: Because the media is lying about everything all the time.  Like they were just caught redhanded doing in this case.

Do you believe where there’s smoke there’s fire?   There were 3 or 4 other women who came forward.   Maybe it’s a conspiracy against Trevor Bauer.    I usually don’t buy into conspiracies though.   Perhaps Hill made the whole thing up but when it gets to 3 or 4 people making the whole thing up it gets a little bit tougher to believe.

Just now, baltfan said:

Where is the allegation that The Athletic knowingly published false information.  Not saying you aren't telling the truth, just want to see the evidence.

Saw it on twitter this morning but I'm currently at work so can't use it, but the Athletic had a female writer write that Bauer had fractured his accuser's skull, despite the fact that they were in possession of  her medical report which clearly stated that her skull was not fractured.

2 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Do you believe where there’s smoke there’s fire?   There were 3 or 4 other women who came forward.   Maybe it’s a conspiracy against Trevor Bauer.    I usually don’t buy into conspiracies though.   Perhaps Hill made the whole thing up but when it gets to 3 or 4 people making the whole thing up it gets a little bit tougher to believe.

Bauer released text messages from his accuser where she was texting her plan to have sex with him, and accuse him of rape, in order to extort money from him.

In her words.  In black and white.

In this case, he clearly did nothing wrong.

13 minutes ago, Pickles said:

he has multiple allegations against multiple people and the judge in this case specifically reminded everyone that this settlement should not be seen as an absolution of guilt from Bauer. 

When one person accuses you, you might have a case. but when another, and another, and another keeps coming out. And when his excuses start as it didn't happen - but then it becomes okay it did but it was consensual, and then becomes sure I hit her but didnt hit her that hard. 

[insert word that is banned here] 

NOPE, hard nope. 

Ya know what? I am sure that we can find a guy to do what Bauer could do that DOESN'T have multiple accusations of sexual battery following him around. 

7 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Saw it on twitter this morning but I'm currently at work so can't use it, but the Athletic had a female writer write that Bauer had fractured his accuser's skull, despite the fact that they were in possession of  her medical report which clearly stated that her skull was not fractured.

Why did you specify the writers’ sex? 

10 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Remember we are only seeing Bauer's interpretation.  Some say she agreed to drop the suit and gets nothing, but she was also looking at the possibility of a judgment against her.  If he was so convinced that everything vindicated him, then why not go to trial and get the judgment?  Wouldn't that be the best way to clear your name?  If it truly was clearly false, why wouldn't he take it to trial or even have her agree to some payment to symbolize this.  If, for example, you learned that not only did she drop the suit but she agreed to pay $10k or issue a statement that everything was false, wouldn't you be more likely to believe him.  I can tell you as a lawyer there is nothing that would have prevented him negotiating that sort of a settlement. 

The evidence he presents is compelling, but he doesn't show the full texts, you can read the texts to be that she is going to blackmail him (which is what he wants) but you could also read them as her saying that he is a catch because he will take care of her, be a Sugar Daddy, and she was going to do whatever was necessary to get taken care of.  As for the video being from the day, what part of the day was it from?  Was it from earlier in the day when prior to when she said she was assaulted?  

All of the above could be wrong, and when it comes to celebrities there are surely scummy people that will try to take advantage of them.  But, I would be very careful about assuming this is all true and she clearly was blackmailing him with FALSE accusations.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, SilentJames said:

he has multiple allegations against multiple people and the judge in this case specifically reminded everyone that this settlement should not be seen as an absolution of guilt from Bauer. 

When one person accuses you, you might have a case. but when another, and another, and another keeps coming out. And when his excuses start as it didn't happen - but then it becomes okay it did but it was consensual, and then becomes sure I hit her but didnt hit her that hard. 

[insert word that is banned here] 

NOPE, hard nope. 

Ya know what? I am sure that we can find a guy to do what Bauer could do that DOESN'T have multiple accusations of sexual battery following him around. 

So the judge is under the impression that you're guilty until proven innocent?  Yeah, seems to be a lot of that going around lately. 

I don't have a law degree or anything, but I'm pretty sure that's not how it works.

So went ahead and broke out the vpn because it seems nobody has seen this video.  Watch this and then tell me about "smoke" and "fire."

P.S. As I said from the get go, I don't want Bauer here for multiple reasons.  That doesn't mean he wasn't done dirty, and is owed a lot of compensation.

Please understand that the Bauer defamation argument is over the idea that the Atlantic posted that she had signs of a "cracked skull," when she did not in fact have a cracked skull. 

He is not denying that he beat her, just that he didn't break her literal face. 

Trevor Bauer can stay the hell away. 

10 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

1000% but the media isn’t going to tell on themselves and this country is run by the very people they lie for, so no one is there to hold them accountable. 

The media tells on itself all of the time.  Fox is constantly telling on what it refers to as the MSM.  And the MSM tells on Fox etc... all of the time.  Can we stop pretending that Fox and other conservative news outlets are part of the media?