Playoff Game Thread

ArtVanDelay

9 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I always get a sense of Schadenfreude watching Philadelphia sports teams lose. I can sleep easier knowing that the World Series champ will either be the Rangers or Diamondbacks.

I had to watch game 7 of the ‘79 series with my Gettysburg cousins. They were die hard Philly fans and gleefully rooted for the Pirates simply to twist the knife. Ever since, I have gone Carrie on the Phillies.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Chavez Ravine said:

I had to watch game 7 of the ‘79 series with my Gettysburg cousins. They were die hard Philly fans and gleefully rooted for the Pirates simply to twist the knife. Ever since, I have gone Carrie on the Phillies.

1983 must have been doubly sweet for you seeing the Orioles take out the Phillies in a gentleman's sweep.

12 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

1983 must have been doubly sweet for you seeing the Orioles take out the Phillies in a gentleman's sweep.

The 40 years ago today thread made me realize that I somehow had zero recollection of the actual games in ‘83. It must be because I was whacked out if my gourd with transferred vengeance!

• Haha 1