Game 1 Starter

MDK02

Who does everyone think takes the hill for us in game 1 of ALDS.

My guess is Bradish but I wouldn’t be shocked if it’s Grayson or even Means being the vet. 

Obviously, for all 3 that first inning is going to be key. None of them with postseason experience and a ton of nerves.

6 minutes ago, MDK02 said:

Who does everyone think takes the hill for us in game 1 of ALDS.

My guess is Bradish but I wouldn’t be shocked if it’s Grayson or even Means being the vet. 

Obviously, for all 3 that first inning is going to be key. None of them with postseason experience and a ton of nerves.

I think your guess is a good one. Bradish started Sunday, so he's lined up well for a Saturday start. And they kept him to two innings, so obviously wanted him rested too.

They had Grayson throw today, so maybe they're thinking him for Game 2 at home? Then Means Game 3, I'd guess.

5 hours ago, Porky said:

I think your guess is a good one. Bradish started Sunday, so he's lined up well for a Saturday start. And they kept him to two innings, so obviously wanted him rested too.

They had Grayson throw today, so maybe they're thinking him for Game 2 at home? Then Means Game 3, I'd guess.

Personally I’d rather see Means start a game at Camden than on the road.

• Upvote 2

If you play  Texas, they are excellent Vs righties or lefties.

OPaCY is much tougher on lefties (and righties) than Globe Field is.

So, you may go with GRod in game 2 because the lefties are going to struggle to hit more in OPACY anyway but at the end of the day, it may not make of a difference.

They also may just want the rookie pitching at home.

Kyle Gibson is intriguing. He has a high OPS against the Rangers but he pitched for them in 2021 And he has a sub 3 ErA at home that year. In its first full year, Globe had a 97 park effect. This year it’s 106.  So that’s a factor too.

I would go Bradish game 1, no question. He's earned it

Means game 2 because it's in Camden Yards. Teams will put righties up to face him and we have Waltimore to help protect against the long ball

Grayson game 3 on the road

Tough choice between Gibson or Kremer for game 4, but I bet Hyde gives the vet the nod.

I think that means Bradish is available for game 5

Game 1 - should go to Bradish. I don't think there is any good argument to suggest otherwise.

Game 2 - I'm hoping it's Rodriguez. I'll be at that game and that is the guy I want to see most.

Game 3 - Probably Means, but Kremer is deserving of the opportunity.

I agree with Bradish, Means, and Grayson. Kremer for game 4.

Bradish has been our best starter all year so I want him pitching as much as possible (Game 5 if necessary).

Means for game 2 because he’s a much more attractive option in the Baltimore dimensions than Texas. 

Rodriguez slots in for Game 3 and Kremer over Gibson because Kremer is better. 

12 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

If you play  Texas, they are excellent Vs righties or lefties.

OPaCY is much tougher on lefties (and righties) than Globe Field is.

So, you may go with GRod in game 2 because the lefties are going to struggle to hit more in OPACY anyway but at the end of the day, it may not make of a difference.

They also may just want the rookie pitching at home.

Kyle Gibson is intriguing. He has a high OPS against the Rangers but he pitched for them in 2021 And he has a sub 3 ErA at home that year. In its first full year, Globe had a 97 park effect. This year it’s 106.  So that’s a factor too.

I’d go Bradish, GRod, Means, and Kremer….I suspect Hyde will go Bradish, Gibson, Means, and GRod

• Confused 1