ALDS Game 3: Keeping hope alive

SteveA

2 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

I feel robbed of playoff enjoyment. We win 101 games and it feels like it was all a farce... like it meant nothing.

The regular season was not a farce, it was not a mirage. It happened. Playoffs is a short tournament, anything can happen, really. If you have a bad three days, you are gone. The key is to keep knocking on the door.

Just now, Dunk35 said:

This is absolutely pathetic. Our lineup compared to theirs is night and day. 

Again, said this during the summer. This team is a lot like the Os teams from 2012 to 2016....minus the stars.  A bunch of role players who had career years.

Only real star on this team is GH.  Adley is ok.  Is he better than Weiters?  No.

Is anyone else on this team better than  anyone from those teams back then?  No.

In fact I think we had better players back then.

The key will be if our young players develop.  And being honest....other than GR?  They are not.

• Haha 1

Only able to follow on Gameday, but this looks like a real curb stomping tonight.  If there's a silver lining (BIG IF) is that this performance is so embarrassing that JA can't duck the fallout.  I know, I know, I know, spare me the cynical comments.

This team has a great core and a great future, but it will need a little help for the next season or two.  That's the big lesson from this series.

3 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Grayson got hit worse than anyone. Should we ditch him? 

Grayson will be fine next year with more experience, Braddish is good, and if Means is healthy that gives us 3 good starters.  I think either Kremer or Wells will make a good bottom of the roatation starter.  If the O's could bring in one stud TOR guy, I think that they will be in pretty good shape next year

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ArtVanDelay said:

Who cares about the Dodgers?

We’re supposed to feel better because they choked too?

I was replying to a post, trying to give context to TB having a 99 win season with nothing to show for it. 

But you go ahead and vent towards my post. . 

1 minute ago, Uli2001 said:

The regular season was not a farce, it was not a mirage. It happened. Playoffs is a short tournament, anything can happen, really. If you have a bad three days, you are gone. The key is to keep knocking on the door.

The offense has had a bad 3 weeks

Eovaldi was the guy I wanted this offseason. Felt he had the best upside plus price tag combo.

We need to another TOR guy. A guy with experience. Someone who has been there done that. It doesn’t guarantee success but it’s what we should be trying to get as it raises the ceiling and margin for error.