All the Orioles news that's fit to print

jcroemer

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

USA Today ran a feature on Chris Gomez's campaign for an Orioles roster spot.

Closer to home, Zrebiec asks the question that is on all of our minds, could Bergensen pitch in the major league rotation?

Minor league director David Stockstill said last week Bergesen is the "most ready" to be in the rotation among the organization's pitching prospects.

"He doesn't get mentioned stuff-wise with the other guys in the group, but he does what [pitching coach] Rick Kranitz preaches, which is pitch to contact, better than anyone on the organization," Stockstill said.

The Bleacher Report remembers Frank Robinson and the Oriole Way. MLB.com rounds up the Orioles pitching injury woes. And finally, Fordin's wrap on today's 5-3 victory over the Red Sox.

Brad Bergensen got front-page treatment in today's edition of the Baltimore Sun. Roch reports that Gregg Zaun thinks Bergensen has the right stuff.

"I definitely think he has enough stuff. If I can get him to locate his slider and fastball on both sides of the plate, he can win here." - Zaun

Of course, today was an intrasquad day for the Orioles. Schmuck reports the Orioles will play amongst themselves with Penn and Baez starting.

Tom Verducci of SI sent in his postcard from Spring Training. He writes that Trembley could be the next Joe Maddon.

NBC reports that the Orioles will give you a free ticket for your birthday if you'll celebrate it with them at the Yard. Sign me up.

I have to say that I am very impressed by the content of this article - Adam Jones, (my favorite Oriole - "and you can look that up!") realizes his position makes him a role model for young African Americans looking to get into a game.

"That's probably one of the major factors why a lot of kids don't play baseball,'' Shelby said. "When I grew up, there were a lot of African-American players and I knew who all of them were. Now, if you look at Baltimore, there is going to be Adam Jones. He's going to be the only one. He's the one they can look up to." - T-Bone Shelby

Stories like this make me optimistic about Adam's future.

Roch wraps today's intrasquad game and discussed Hayden Penn's blistered finger.

Archived