Bauer?

Nite

Seems like the natural progression of one year deals: Lyles, Gibson, Bauer. Would probably have a huge season on a one year deal. Seems to enjoy proving people wrong who doubt him. He's getting paid by LA so might take a friendly deal from someone who gives him a chance 

5 minutes ago, ScGO's said:

Seems like the natural progression of one year deals: Lyles, Gibson, Bauer. Would probably have a huge season on a one year deal. Seems to enjoy proving people wrong who doubt him. He's getting paid by LA so might take a friendly deal from someone who gives him a chance 

Probably?

6 minutes ago, ScGO's said:

I checked on BRef and  think his contract with the Dodgers is over so his new team is on the hook.   

6 hours ago, E-D-D-I-E said:

I would sign him n a heartbeat. My bet is he is looking for a pillow deal. I would try and throw in a big priced team option. His sex life is truly none of my business. This is baseball.

It's also marketing.  Just think of all the hitherto unexplored frontiers Trevor Bauer merchandise can tap into.

44 minutes ago, ScGO's said:

Yep Kyle Gibson, who was nominated for the Roberto Clemente award this season, is the natural progression to Trevor Bauer. Makes perfect sense. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ScGO's said:

Can we talk baseball without all the virtue signaling 

It's impossible to discuss a Trevor Bauer signing with taking to account the baggage that's associated with him. And that's 100% because of the situations (right or wrong) that he's put himself in.  If we're discussing the player I think he's a mediocre pitcher who made himself better by cheating (i.e., sticky stuff). No other mediocre pitchers get their own threads ever offseason. The only reason Bauer does is because people like to troll for virtue signaling and arguments so they can defend him and show off their arm chair law degrees.

11 minutes ago, 24fps said:

Can you run a major league baseball franchise without considering the values of the people you want supporting the team?

And the impact they project for your aspired brand image and the impact that has on at least 30% of your fan base and roughly 30% of the MLB salaried workforce.

Edited by SemperFi
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, SemperFi said:

And the impact they project for your aspired brand image and the impact that has on at least 30% of your fan base and roughly 30% of the MLB salaried workforce.

Right.  Let's say you have an 8-year-old and he/she asked you for a Trevor Bauer jersey for their birthday.  How would  you react?  I guess some people would be okay with it but I suspect most, including myself, would find it awkward as hell.  Not at all good for brand identity whether you choose to explicitly "virtue signal" or not.

25 minutes ago, 24fps said:

Can you run a major league baseball franchise without considering the values of the people you want supporting the team?

I think using the word “values” is a bit of a slippery slope, but from a purely business perspective it’s absolutely naive and ridiculous to think that you should only focus on Bauer’s performance (which also has plenty of question marks) and ignore the impact everything else would have on branding, marketing, public perception, etc.