Just a Rumor

Tryptamine

So take it with a grain of salt, but a guy who has repeatedly proven to be accurate with his insider information regarding the Mets is apparently claiming that a deal has been made but wont be announced for a while where the Orioles have been sold to the Carlyle Group for 1.4B. Why he would have this particularly info as a Met fan(though he is from Balitmore), I do not know, but he's been tremendously accurate with this stuff in the past so I'm just throwing it out there. 

Nothing reported officially yet but the Carlisle Group bought them. $1.4B sale price. Will be announced in the coming months. 

What I heard is they were valued at 1.1 but they went to 1.4 because old man Angelos was refusing to sell (kids have wanted to sell for awhile), and they added another 300M to get him to agree.

Apparently it’ll be announced officially shortly after the announcement of the signed lease at Camden Yards.

• Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Tryptamine said:

So take it with a grain of salt, but a guy who has repeatedly proven to be accurate with his insider information regarding the Mets is apparently claiming that a deal has been made but wont be announced for a while where the Orioles have been sold to the Carlyle Group for 1.4B. Why he would have this particularly info as a Met fan(though he is from Balitmore), I do not know, but he's been tremendously accurate with this stuff in the past so I'm just throwing it out there. 

Why would JA be negotiating the Camden property so aggressively then?  Seems odd.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

What makes me question this is the line about Angelos.  I don't think he's making those decisions.

Was just about to say the same thing.  The line about Peter Angelos being involved in the negotiations is enough for me to call this BOGUS.

19 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Didn't I read that the property wasn't linked to the team?

Maybe, I haven't followed it very close.  But I'm pretty sure John Angelos has been pushing for more gov't funding and he's willing to sign a longer lease.  I suppose all of that could increase the team's curb appeal.  But the degree of JA involvement seems to be a bit more personal than if he were selling.