Cease vs everyone else

Sports Guy

7 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Not high enough …. Compare to Reds … Lowder, Arroyo, Phillips, and Petty…..3 55s and a 50. Think Cowser,  Kjerstad/Mayo, Ortiz, Norby.

I can’t keep up with you.  Are you still using Fangraphs from February 2023?  Which site?

13 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Are you kidding?  Lol

They are practically in unison, asking them to leave, put on ignore, or banned.  They will be happy if they don’t see another Oriole fan on their board for the next 5 years.   Of course, you’re probably welcome over there.  They don’t hate you.

They’re the kind who will complain while SG and RT are there, then worry why they’re not there.  I agree the interactions with them have gone way downhill the last few days.  It was useful and interesting for a short while.  

3 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I can’t keep up with you.  Are you still using Fangraphs from February 2023?  Which site?

On BA Cowser is #11 and Ortiz is #63. 

Lowder is #45 and Connor Phillips is #86.    

Tell me how the Oriole package is not better or at least comparable.

Has anyone suggested taking on one of the White Sox bad contracts to help them free up money for their rebuild for less prospects?

3 worst contracts look like Benintendi (4 yr 56.4 Mil), Moncada (1yr 24.8), and Jiminez (1 yr 13.83)

Dont want to touch Benintendi, but Moncada and Jiminez are interesting.

Moncada's salary sucks way more, but that might be the one to trade for to get Cease without giving up Mayo, Basallo, Kjerstad, Povich.

Dylan Cease and Yoan Moncada for Ramon Urias, Conner Norby, Trace Bright, Hudson Haskin, Creed Williams, Justin Ambruester, and Ryan McKenna

Jiminez is a good RH bat (not very good D) and could have some value at DH, PH, and RF from time to time. Probably need to give up a little more

Cease and Jiminez for Norby, Cowser, McDermott, McKenna, and Bright

3 minutes ago, ScGO's said:

Has anyone suggested taking on one of the White Sox bad contracts to help them free up money for their rebuild for less prospects?

3 worst contracts look like Benintendi (4 yr 56.4 Mil), Moncada (1yr 24.8), and Jiminez (1 yr 13.83)

Dont want to touch Benintendi, but Moncada and Jiminez are interesting.

Moncada's salary sucks way more, but that might be the one to trade for to get Cease without giving up Mayo, Basallo, Kjerstad, Povich.

Dylan Cease and Yoan Moncada for Ramon Urias, Conner Norby, Trace Bright, Hudson Haskin, Creed Williams, Justin Ambruester, and Ryan McKenna

Jiminez is a good RH bat (not very good D) and could have some value at DH, PH, and RF from time to time. Probably need to give up a little more

Cease and Jiminez for Norby, Cowser, McDermott, McKenna, and Bright

He’ll, that (the 2nd) looks like a good package without taking on the bad contract.  Where is the discount?

Edited by RZNJ

Jiminez isn't really a "bad" contract, its just costly and for 1 year in a year where the will not compete. Luis Robert has 2 years on his contract, but he's sooooo good at that value we have to give up even more. I think the 2nd Trade idea saves us from giving up Mayo, Basallo, Kjerstad, or Povich

21 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I’m looking at MLB….All 4 of those guys could well be in the updated top 100. This was the rumored Reds offer

Rhett Lowder, Chase Petty, Connor Phillips, Edwin Arroyo and an unnamed prospect. 

Edited by Roll Tide

6 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

So Basallo is a hit first guy almost destined (Defense45, Run 40) to end up at 1B, DH, or a slow RF. If I’m trading from my upper level prospects it’s him. I mean Mayo and Kjerstad seem to have similar profiles. How many 1B, DH, RF do we have room for?

I can’t argue that but there is a reason so many scouting/ranking folks are sky high on him. I wouldn’t discard him as being redundant at this point. 

10 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

I’m looking at MLB….All 4 of those guys could well be in the updated top 100. This was the rumored Reds offer

You’re guessing.  I gave you the updated BA rankings.  Petty and Arroyo are not in the top 100.

2 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

You’re guessing.  I gave you the updated BA rankings.  Petty and Arroyo are not in the top 100.

Don’t most of these sites including BA do a major rethink of their rankings during the offseason?   I’d say regardless of where anyone was on BA’s last updated list, there will be significant changes when the preseason list is issued in February.   Not saying Petty or Arroyo will be on it; I have no idea who they even are.  

In Just Baseball Cowser is #36, Ortiz #43, Lowder #56, Phillips #83, and Arroyo #99.   Petty not there.   

Povich is fringy top 100.  Seems like you’re just arguing for the sake of arguing if you say Cowser, Ortiz, Povich, Fabián is not comparable to the Cincy ask by the WS.

5 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

In Just Baseball Cowser is #36, Ortiz #43, Lowder #56, Phillips #83, and Arroyo #99.   Petty not there.   

Povich is fringy top 100.  Seems like you’re just arguing for the sake of arguing if you say Cowser, Ortiz, Povich, Fabián is not comparable to the Cincy ask by the WS.

How far off the top 100 is fringy?  I know McDaniel listed Povich in his top 100 last year, but nobody else did and I wouldn’t say he improved his standing last season.