Discuss Cabrera Here

Joe Orsulak Fan

Wow, am I tired of a guy who can't throw strikes, a guy who melts down whenever pressure is applied, a guy who takes the mound with potential and leaves with potential but never seems to understand that "potential" means you haven't reached "good."

Danny, you are 7-11 (before tonight) for a team that has a .500 lineup. You've shown your potential, and it is to stink. I'd love to see you figure it out and win for the Twins or Rangers or Royals or Brewers, but I am tired of watching you lose here.

Buh-bye.

Sincerely,

Smokin' Joe O

O's Overreactor

Fixed that for you. :rolleyes:

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Okay, the point here is that its TAMPA BAY. WE SHOULD beat Tampa Bay.

But against the Yankees? Red Sox? When it matters?

Think about it...

MSK

So what? These wins don't count?

Since you asked - last three years Danny has handled the Yankees and Jays rather well

ERAs at 3.94 and 4.17 respectively.

2-3 in 8 starts against NYY .234 avg

4-5 in 11 starts against Toronto .240 avg there. 75 Ks against Toronto in that span.

Boston has owned him, and the Orioles, over the last 3 years.

Maybe Caberra is the next Guthrie. Hate to see him beating us for years and years.

Before we give up on him we gotta try him in the pen. Jose Mesa was alot like Caberra.

He isnt even as old as Guthrie. We arent going anywhere this year. Give him through next spring training then make him a reliver if he doesnt get it together.

Yes. I'll buy this. If he could somehow become a viable reliever, I'd take it. I realize that we are in experimental mode based on how this season is going. Good post.

To the rest of you: Please. I know you probably think I'm a knee-jerk poster, but I can assure you I am not. I'm quite selective, and I've waited a long time to express this. And seeing all this love for Cabrera after tonight's outing -- don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled that we won -- discourages me. Just more of the same "potential" drivel.

Have y'all not been watching the games? Cabrera earned every one of his 11 losses this season by walking the world and imploding at the worst times. He's not going to get it. Not here, anyway. He's been a stopper -- of winning streaks. I'm tired of the radar gun dictating our decisions.

Did anyone watch the Mets-Cubs today? Lord, I hate New York with a passion, and that includes the Mets, but El Duque is getting it done with an 88-89 mph fastball by throwing strikes and (massively) changing speeds. He doesn't walk people. He doesn't melt down when he gives up hits. And he wins.

There are other guys like that out there, and suckers will line up to trade them to us for a guy with "potential" who throws 99 mph. Pull the trigger. Now. Or continue to be baffled by this guy who's wonderful one day and crab poop the next.

Yes. I'll buy this. If he could somehow become a viable reliever, I'd take it. I realize that we are in experimental mode based on how this season is going. Good post.

To the rest of you: Please. I know you probably think I'm a knee-jerk poster, but I can assure you I am not. I'm quite selective, and I've waited a long time to express this. And seeing all this love for Cabrera after tonight's outing -- don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled that we won -- discourages me. Just more of the same "potential" drivel.

Have y'all not been watching the games?

Yeah, have you?

Cabrera earned every one of his 11 losses this season by walking the world and imploding at the worst times. He's not going to get it. Not here, anyway. He's been a stopper -- of winning streaks. I'm tired of the radar gun dictating our decisions.

4/3 - Lost 3-2, 7.0-IP, 3-ER

5/15 - Lost 2-1, 8.0-IP, 2-ER

6/1 - Lost 3-2, 6.2-IP, 3-ER

7/8 - Lost 2-1, 6.0-IP, 2-ER

Earned every single one of his losses?

Yeah, have you?

4/3 - Lost 3-2, 7.0-IP, 3-ER

5/15 - Lost 2-1, 8.0-IP, 2-ER

6/1 - Lost 3-2, 6.2-IP, 3-ER

7/8 - Lost 2-1, 6.0-IP, 2-ER

Earned every single one of his losses?

7/8 walks -- 5

6/1 walks -- 4

5/15 walks -- 5

4/3 walks -- 4

Yes, he earned them. Come on, now. That's TOO MANY WALKS. You're a big-league pitcher. Again, I don't care how hard you throw. Really, I don't. Win games. That's what I want. That's what all of us want.

Look. I was a "Don't-give-up-on-DCab-guy" for a long, long time. I was mesmorized by his stuff, just like most of us. But I've seen the light, seen too many winning streaks get snapped with a furrowed D-Cab brow, and I hope the front office has, too (while other front offices haven't and give us more than we deserve).

I want us to win. Promise. In fact, I bet $50 on us tonight and am glad D-Cab won. That might say something about my absurd gambling habits, but I can't bet against the O's against the D-Rays, can I? Especially when they've been relatively hot and are a +133 dog?

7/8 walks -- 5

6/1 walks -- 4

5/15 walks -- 5

4/3 walks -- 4

Yes, he earned them. Come on, now. That's TOO MANY WALKS. You're a big-league pitcher. Again, I don't care how hard you throw. Really, I don't. Win games. That's what I want. That's what all of us want.

Look. I was a "Don't-give-up-on-DCab-guy" for a long, long time. I was mesmorized by his stuff, just like most of us. But I've seen the light, seen too many winning streaks get snapped with a furrowed D-Cab brow, and I hope the front office has, too (while other front offices haven't and give us more than we deserve).

I want us to win. Promise. In fact, I bet $50 on us tonight and am glad D-Cab won. That might say something about my absurd gambling habits, but I can't bet against the O's against the D-Rays, can I? Especially when they've been relatively hot and are a +133 dog?

Walks haven't been the biggest problem for DCab this year...Not even close.

Homers, lack of missed bats and declining K rate are bigger factors.

Archived