Discuss Cabrera Here

Joe Orsulak Fan

Wow, am I tired of a guy who can't throw strikes, a guy who melts down whenever pressure is applied, a guy who takes the mound with potential and leaves with potential but never seems to understand that "potential" means you haven't reached "good."

Danny, you are 7-11 (before tonight) for a team that has a .500 lineup. You've shown your potential, and it is to stink. I'd love to see you figure it out and win for the Twins or Rangers or Royals or Brewers, but I am tired of watching you lose here.

Buh-bye.

Sincerely,

Smokin' Joe O

O's Overachiever

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PLEASE DON'T USE THIS THREAD TO DEBATE WHETHER WE SHOULD KEEP DCAB, TRADE HIM OR PUT HIM IN THE BULLPEN.

Simple question: is there any other pitcher we have ever had who frustrated you more?

My answer is no. Ponson and Dennis Martinez were enigmas, but not as much as DCab.

...in the lineup?

Seriously.

Is it Mazzone, Duq, Flanny, or Angelos (I won't even include MacPhail)?

There is no way any reasonable baseball observer can look at Dcab's performances lately and justify him remaining in a starter role. Not when you have several other arms on the farm or the bench who can do the job.

MSK

...in the lineup?

Seriously.

Is it Mazzone, Duq, Flanny, or Angelos (I won't even include MacPhail)?

There is no way any reasonable baseball observer can look at Dcab's performances lately and justify him remaining in a starter role. Not when you have several other arms on the farm or the bench who can do the job.

MSK

Well, I guess you are calling me unreasonable, then. If you think we have lots of other guys who can throw 6+ innings per start with an ERA around 5.00, you are wrong.

PLEASE DON'T USE THIS THREAD TO DEBATE WHETHER WE SHOULD KEEP DCAB, TRADE HIM OR PUT HIM IN THE BULLPEN.

Simple question: is there any other pitcher we have ever had who frustrated you more?

My answer is no. Ponson and Dennis Martinez were enigmas, but not as much as DCab.

D-Rays announcers about got it right... he's our Wakefield... you know you're going to get some walks, some passed balls, maybe some hit batsmen... just part of his game.

Well, I guess you are calling me unreasonable, then. If you think we have lots of other guys who can throw 6+ innings per start with an ERA around 5.00, you are wrong.

Sure, you could call up Olson instead and move DCab into the bullpen. Simple.

We have been waiting to see how many more starts we are going to give a guy who constantly shows he can't throw strikes in the first inning.

78 walks so far (NOT COUNTING TONIGHT) in 2007

104 walks in 2006

He is on pace to break his own BB record. Not good.

MSK

Sure, you could call up Olson instead and move DCab into the bullpen. Simple.

We have been waiting to see how many more starts we are going to give a guy who constantly shows he can't throw strikes in the first inning.

78 walks so far (NOT COUNTING TONIGHT) in 2007

104 walks in 2006

He is on pace to break his own BB record. Not good.

MSK

Or the team could just release Trachsel, and call up Olson...

Or the team could just release Trachsel, and call up Olson...

You mean you would rather have a young guy who is still showing lots of potential (and often turning it into production) over an old guy who has struggled more then the young guy recently?

That's CRAZY talk.

I still think either of those two, Ponson and Martinez, would be more frustrating. Simply because, even if Cabrera is struggling to put it all together, it's all on the field.

The other two had off-the-field issues that prevented them from doing what they had the potential to do. Martinez eventually changed. Ponson, well, no.

When you do something destructive to yourself to prevent you from showing your talent, it is far worse then just under-performing on the field.

Archived