Winter Meetings Thread

Roll Tide

41 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

ERod is not an Elias type move but if it were he'd probably look to move Santander to offset the 2024 payroll increase.   Not happening.

Not knowing the two teams involved is interesting.   Are there 2 other teams that can keep a secret?

"Two people can keep a secret if one of them is dead."

1 hour ago, RZNJ said:

ERod is not an Elias type move but if it were he'd probably look to move Santander to offset the 2024 payroll increase.   Not happening.

Not knowing the two teams involved is interesting.   Are there 2 other teams that can keep a secret?

There has to be some kind of budgeted payroll increase.

Just now, Roll Tide said:

There has to be some kind of budgeted payroll increase.

Sure but we don’t know what it is.  I think he prefers trading for Cease on essentially a 2/25 contract over giving ERod 4/82 or whatever it turns out to be.

6 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Sure but we don’t know what it is.  I think he prefers trading for Cease on essentially a 2/25 contract over giving ERod 4/82 or whatever it turns out to be.

Probably true. JA would have to think big picture and see how much millions it would save us not to deal Cowser/Kjerstad, Ortiz, +, for Cease. The fact that Cease is only 2/25 probably makes him our SP target. I just want us to get a LH SP for OPACY in the playoffs. 

Ed Rod seems like he’s this year’s Eovaldi. 

14 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I'd rather they trade for Burnes....If Boras isnt lying Elias must have some approval to extend Adley and Gunnar, No?

Before Fangraphs Depth Charts starts changing stuff, at the moment they had NYY innings forecast at:

Michael King 155, Randy Vasquez 80, Jhony Brito 67 

Vasquez and Brito only projected for 14 combined GS - obviously on Padres they may go right to steadier rotation work.

Vasquez still prospect eligible, but was far behind Drew Thorpe on MLB's Yankees list.

Between Verdugo, Soto and Rule 5, NYY is down about 10 Arms in the last couple days.

1 hour ago, Roll Tide said:

I'd rather they trade for Burnes....If Boras isnt lying Elias must have some approval to extend Adley and Gunnar, No?

I just spent the last hour fidgeting around with Baseball Trade Simulator and there are quite some interesting packages we could put together to offer for Corbin Burnes. But I was also surprised to see how low they have the trade value set for players like Tyler Wells and Anthony Santander. (Which is why I decided not to use them in any offers).

Anyone know if the Brewers can use a middle infielder? Ortiz and Norby's value is decent according that website.

There are many combinations that could work to get the deal done, if that website is even remotely close to accurate in their evaluations. (I think it's off on a lot of players.)

https://www.baseballtradevalues.com/trade-simulator