Is Luzardo a realistic target?

Frobby

3 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

Trevor Rogers pitched 18 innings, who is going to give them any value for him. Cabrera pitched 99 innings of 4.25 ERA with a WHIP of nearly 1.5. They aren’t an upgrade over Gibson. 

They would be upside plays.

If it's a choice between another Lyles/Gibson type and an upside play, I'd prefer the upside play.

3 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

Trevor Rogers pitched 18 innings, who is going to give them any value for him. Cabrera pitched 99 innings of 4.25 ERA with a WHIP of nearly 1.5. They aren’t an upgrade over Gibson. 

If the Orioles were to trade for either Rogers or Cabrera it would be because they believe in the talent and feel they can get them back on track with a few minor tweaks. The difference between both of them and a Kyle Gibson type is age and potential upside. 

35 minutes ago, DrinkinWithFermi said:

They would be upside plays.

If it's a choice between another Lyles/Gibson type and an upside play, I'd prefer the upside play.

Not me ….if you are playing for a shot at World Series they need a veteran proven guy. It’s up to Elias to figure out and how to make it happen. I’d be upset if he adds one of the guys you mentioned as the rotation upgrade. If they added him as a second move I’d be fine with it. 

41 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

If the Orioles were to trade for either Rogers or Cabrera it would be because they believe in the talent and feel they can get them back on track with a few minor tweaks. The difference between both of them and a Kyle Gibson type is age and potential upside. 

See my recent response… they can add as many projects as they want. Those guys can’t be trusted to be the difference maker that this rotation needs by Elias own admission. Neither of those guys is currently a #3 starter. It’s beyond me why a guy that pitched 18 innings last year would be mentioned in that statement.

9 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Not me ….if you are playing for a shot at World Series they need a veteran proven guy. It’s up to Elias to figure out and how to make it happen. I’d be upset if he adds one of the guys you mentioned as the rotation upgrade. If they added him as a second move I’d be fine with it. 

I am confident that Wells/Irvin/Hall can replace Gibson's middling production. If we aren't going to add a clear and obvious upgrade, then I would rather chase upside than mediocrity.

16 minutes ago, DrinkinWithFermi said:

I am confident that Wells/Irvin/Hall can replace Gibson's middling production. If we aren't going to add a clear and obvious upgrade, then I would rather chase upside than mediocrity.

We can agree to disagree…. They got 100 good innings from Wells. That doesn’t replace Gibson. He’s not giving you 180-200 innings without some drastic uptick. Irvin didn’t look particularly good when he started here. Hall couldn’t go more than 5 in the minors amd had a high era and walks. He’s way more valuable as a leverage reliever using his primary pitches and leaving the 3rd and 4th pitches in locker.

54 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Another Gibson type pitcher does nothing for this team.

48 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Another Gibson type pitcher does nothing for this team.

That’s not what I’m saying “Buddy” and you know it. I’m talking Cease, Burnes, Luzardo, Gilbert or Garrett.

Im saying we need to do better than Gibson. Counting on a project like Cabrera is stupid. It’s okay to add him as project but not to replace Gibson’s leadership, 15 wins, 190 innings. I know he wasn’t great and all, but, Elias said he wanted a guy to place near the top of the rotation and then altered to top3. I’d expect that to be a guy who can reasonably be counted on for innings, wins, and a better ERA. If he could ease some of the pressure on the young guys thats valuable. I love Bradish but I’d prefer not to have to put #1 starter on his shoulders. 

Edited by Roll Tide

1 hour ago, DrinkinWithFermi said:

We went 20-13 in games started by Gibson. 11-9 with Wells. 8-4 with Irvin. 20-13 vs 19-12. 

24 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

That’s not what I’m saying “Buddy” and you know it. I’m talking Cease, Burnes, Luzardo, Gilbert or Garrett.

Im saying we need to do better than Gibson. Counting on a project like Cabrera is stupid. It’s okay to add him as project but not to replace Gibson’s leadership, 15 wins, 190 innings. I know he wasn’t great and all, but, Elias said he wanted a guy to place near the top of the rotation and then altered to top3. I’d expect that to be a guy who can reasonably be counted on for innings, wins, and a better ERA. If he could ease some of the pressure on the young guys thats valuable. I love Bradish but I’d prefer not to have to put #1 starter on his shoulders. 

As I read your thoughts on this, it becomes clear you don’t know anything about these pitchers other than IP totals from one season.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

As I read your thoughts on this, it becomes clear you don’t know anything about these pitchers other than IP totals from one season.

You’re such an arrogant jerk! 

I really wanted Burnes or Snell.  Both have been a #1 pitcher for at least the last 2 years and pitched 180-200 innings. I expanded that to include somebody that we might actually get. As I have no doubt we won’t be getting either of them. 

how about answering my question as opposed to throwing insults amd impressing your harem.

2 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

You’re such an arrogant jerk! 

I really wanted Burnes or Snell.  Both have been a #1 pitcher for at least the last 2 years and pitched 180-200 innings. I expanded that to include somebody that we might actually get. As I have no doubt we won’t be getting either of them. 

how about answering my question as opposed to throwing insults amd impressing your harem.

I’m not throwing insults.  I’m saying you don’t know anything about these players.  That seems like a fact. Calling some of these guys projects is an ignorant and poor statement that isn’t based on reality. 

You however, are the one calling people names..like jerk and “ your buddy”.  Now that’s insulting!