A Nostalgic Christmas Post: 'Twas the Night Before Christmas (Hangout Edition)

Greg Pappas

• Greg Pappas changed the title to A Nostalgic Christmas Post: 'Twas the Night Before Christmas (Hangout Edition)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• I don’t like losing and I certainly won’t like losing Bradish for any length of time (I refuse to say it’s for the whole season until they say so).  But that game was a ton of fun.  The performance by Akin, Santander’s game-tying homer, Santander’s throw to the plate, and Mullins’ slide — that was highly entertaining baseball.   
    • I tuned in after the Bradish injury but I had a blast watching it. Great crowd, Santander blast, extras, two challenged plays at the plate, momentum going back and forth. Other than the outcome it was a fantastic game.
    • Yesterday turned out to be not fun at all. A loss, a lost player likely for the season. 
    • 5+ - 16 times 4 - 6 <4 - 15 times  Pretty typical.  4 is the median point for most teams every year.  
    • Basallo is 6’4” and 180lbs at 19. He has almost zero chance of sticking at catcher long term. By 23 I suspect he will be somewhere in the 250-270 range. He has 1B/DH written all over him long term, possibly COF.
    • Sure seems like Bradish will go on the 15 day IL today.   Vespi or Krook being called up. Kremer has a rehab start tomorrow.   If he does well he could be in the rotation on Friday.   Kremer had a 3.25 ERA in the 2nd half last season.   He can be a big help if he is healthy. There was a question in this thread about what can we learn about the pitching that we don't know between now and the deadline.    I think the answer is a lot. Over 2022 and 2023 Suarez pitched 29 and 30 start and 173 and 162 IP.    Right now he has a 1.61 ERA overall and I .82 ERA as a starter in 7 starts.    If he can do that until the deadline Elias is going to have a hard time finding a better 3rd starter for the playoff than Suarez. We will probably see Povich get regular starts for the next 6 weeks.   The rookie could be big in the pennant race.  25 year old Boddicker stepped up in 1983 for the O's.   He had never done that before but going 16-8 that year helped the O's to the World Series.   We will see what Povich can show Elias before the deadline. Next man up.
    • Yeah, I’ve found Duck Duck Go to be great for the Hangout. It’s literally the only thing I use for this site now. In fact, the only thing I use Duck Duck Go for , is this site. 
  • Popular Contributors