Puck News: Orioles sold to Rubenstein

Orioles Jim

42 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Good this was the one thing I wanted to hear. I assumed Rubenstein would have control of the daily operations once getting approved by the owner's committee, but it's reassuring to know.

One of the early tweets said he’s the controlling owner.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

Peter wanted to win bad.  He just did not understand baseball and was a meddler.    He even would fire announcers because his wife did not like them.  Like John Lowenstein.   I have not seen him in Baltimore since the morons fired him.  I want to see him come back to Camden Yards before he dies.  I dont know why but i want this bad.  I have been stewing over this for more than two decades.  Angelos did my boy Lowenstein dirty and the Orioles need to fix it.   Maybe Ripken can get him to fly in.   I would cry.  Actually cry if they could make it happen. 

Love Brother Lo-my favorite Orioles character (not player)-what happened to him was a shame.

1 minute ago, Bemorewins said:

I’m not asking for the Dodgers but can we at least be spending on the level of the Rays, Pirates, Tigers? lol

MLB average would be beyond great!

Well I’d hope the plan is at least the MLB average. This plus a possible CAP at the next CBA would be major wins.

9 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

Peter wanted to win bad.  He just did not understand baseball and was a meddler.    He even would fire announcers because his wife did not like them.  Like John Lowenstein.   I have not seen him in Baltimore since the morons fired him.  I want to see him come back to Camden Yards before he dies.  I dont know why but i want this bad.  I have been stewing over this for more than two decades.  Angelos did my boy Lowenstein dirty and the Orioles need to fix it.   Maybe Ripken can get him to fly in.   I would cry.  Actually cry if they could make it happen. 

I’m pretty sure he still lives in the Valley (Löwenstein)

2 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

I’m pretty sure he still lives in the Valley (Löwenstein)

My understanding he moved back to his home state which is like Montana or some low population western state. 

16 minutes ago, George Zuverink said:

Many forget he was one of the few owners who didn’t use scabs during the players’ strike the year after he bought the team. He also spent a ton on FAs at one point. He could have had  a wonderful legacy instead of being regarded as Mr. Burns’ role model. When did he turn to the Dark Side and why.

Peter was a pariah among owners-his business, his beliefs, and his politics were very different than the old school owners.  He was never accepted as part of the fraternity. 

22 minutes ago, George Zuverink said:

Many forget he was one of the few owners who didn’t use scabs during the players’ strike the year after he bought the team. He also spent a ton on FAs at one point. He could have had  a wonderful legacy instead of being regarded as Mr. Burns’ role model. When did he turn to the Dark Side and why.

I'm sure the Washington Post will have a full obituary that will answer that question to some degree.  Probably the Baltimore Banner too.  Not at all sure about the Sun these days.

42 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

Got to think even Ripken would want to keep him.  Maybe Ripken might want to get involved in trying to bring back the Orioles way stuff of teaching all the minor league levels the exact same stuff.   But maybe Elias is already doing that.

I doubt Ripken would have enough money in to even have a say.