Orioles close to acquiring Corbin Burnes (Update: Acquired for Joey Ortiz and DL Hall)

ThisIsBirdland

On 2/10/2024 at 1:48 PM, Malike said:

I'm pretty sure this is SOP for most teams. You make it sound like most deals are done with a phone call in a day. This isn't how it works. They have teams of people involved and get input from everyone, it's not a one man show for the O's and probably 99% of the other teams.

I think you're correct. I watched a roundtable discussion a couple of years ago of about 6 active GM's and they all talked about the constant texts exploring deals. I think it's SOP in today's market. 

22 minutes ago, 7Mo said:

I think you're correct. I watched a roundtable discussion a couple of years ago of about 6 active GM's and they all talked about the constant texts exploring deals. I think it's SOP in today's market. 

Makes me want to look into hacking, lol. It's a joke.

6 hours ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

MLB.com ranks Corbin Burnes in their top 4 favorite candidates to win the AL Cy Young Award.

https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-cy-young-award-candidates-2024

Nice. I actually think Grayson could be a dark horse candidate. Any of our top 3 could win it honestly. 

Of course, there will be stiff competition with Cole and all those Mariner studs. Can't wait for the season to start, it's going to be a long spring.

On 2/10/2024 at 4:25 PM, Just Regular said:

First time I've gone through one of Lance B.'s videos.    I liked the editing showing 2 each of the various pitches to LH/RH bats.

Thanks. That is excellent video. Had to add that guy to my subscribed list. 

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

Thanks for this. I was actually thinking earlier while browsing the message board that I wanted to follow Hall and was thinking about looking up his stat page.

I am using the player follow feature on the At Bat app to follow Hall and Ortiz. I like the trade but I also liked both of those players and am sorry to see them go. 

• Upvote 1