Naming rights to stadium to be announced today?

SemperFi

3 hours ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

Funny thing is I decided to see if MASN had anything on last night, and they did. They had Sumo Wrestling on. Where else can you see Sumo Wrestling? I don't know of any channels. LOL

We have Samsung TVs and the first thing that comes on when you turn on the tv most mornings is Woman of Wrestling. I’ve left in on a few minutes while getting coffee on and finding the cable remote and switching it over. I didn’t even know it existed and would never actually watch it. It seems to be an even bigger soap than the WWE or whatever they call it these days that I don’t watch either.

7 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

Thanks 🙏….Really don’t take offense to that. I guess my point is that I prefer Mom & Pop over chain any day of the week. And as I mentioned to Tony S, I haven’t eaten much chain pizza in years. 

It was not meant to offend. I’m glad none was taken. 

18 hours ago, rm5678 said:

Ledo's Park at Camden Yards would be right up there with Loan Depot Park, Ring Central Coliseum, & Guaranteed Rate Field as some of the worst names for a ballpark ever.

I absolutely love Ledo Park at Camden Yards.  I like the pizza, it's a local chain, and it's absolutely absurd because they'd be more likely to sponsor a little league team 

16 hours ago, MCO'sFan said:

Tide, I have not disagreed with you more on a subject since ME bypassed Austin Martin in the draft. 😃 Ledo's is king!!! I have been eating it all my life. Went to the original in CP before it took off as a chain. 

Hasn’t been the same since.  Those ovens were magic.  

7 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Never claimed the lease negotiations were that, did I?

Check and mate. 

I suppose that's more of the Milligan sense of..."humor" we've all come to know.    This was a thread about renaming the ballpark.   I don't know how you could read the WSJ article, which labeled it a "confounding saga," and believe that he is some laser focused hero going out with guns blazing.     

I've already expressed that the name should be left alone, but it's not worth going to the mattresses over.   

31 minutes ago, TonySoprano said:

I suppose that's more of the Milligan sense of..."humor" we've all come to know.    This was a thread about renaming the ballpark.   I don't know how you could read the WSJ article, which labeled it a "confounding saga," and believe that he is some laser focused hero going out with guns blazing.     

I've already expressed that the name should be left alone, but it's not worth going to the mattresses over.   

Thanks, Tony.  Appreciate you.

4 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

We have Samsung TVs and the first thing that comes on when you turn on the tv most mornings is Woman of Wrestling. I’ve left in on a few minutes while getting coffee on and finding the cable remote and switching it over. I didn’t even know it existed and would never actually watch it. It seems to be an even bigger soap than the WWE or whatever they call it these days that I don’t watch either.

I think it’s a little suspicious you mention “not watching” something twice in the same post.

• Haha 1

Another reason Ledo Park would be funny is because Ledo Pizza is pretty polarizing.  I know it has a lot of haters among my social circle, but fans also.  I'm glad I have both gotten to live in Italy for a little while and eat pizza there, and that I ate at the original Ledo.  I could always go back to Italy, but no one can ever go to the Ledo Restaurant at Adelphi again, so I think that's the higher honor!

3 hours ago, emmett16 said:

Hasn’t been the same since.  Those ovens were magic.  

And the dust/grease covered wagon wheel lights overhead. I agree, not the same since the franchise exploded. But, still good. I love the precooked bacon!

12 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

Yeah … I was just rattling off some places by memory. I don’t buy frozen Pizza anywhere. Honestly haven’t had much pizza from the east side in years since I live on the west side. Probably actually am thinking of John’s from 15 years ago or so. To answer your question I never had any of their pizza from any of the Ledos’ original locations. And you’re right about pizza in New York and Jersey. You can get a better pizza in tons of places. I will say in closing that while I’ve had Pizza Hut, Domino’s, PaPa John’s , Vizzini’s , I probably haven’t had any of it in 15+ years.

I’d be perfectly happy with UA Field, Domino Sugar, Old Bay Park, etc. 

While Old Bay Park doesn't roll off the tongue, I like it! Perfectly Maryland. To tie the two subjects together, I have had the crab pizza from Joe's Squared on North Ave, not the fake one in the inner harbor. Delicious, didn't think I would like it but I did.