Orioles Showing Interest In Jesús Luzardo per MLBTradeRumors

Billy F-Face3

On 2/15/2024 at 6:50 PM, WarehouseChatter said:

Give Snell a high dollar, short-term deal. 3 years, $100M.  Yes there is risk, but at least as his deal expires, our young talent will begin hitting arbitration. I like this more than trading away more prospects for Luzardo.

I rather save our money to resign Gunnar or Adley than sign a high priced FA pitcher. We have a good amount of solid prospects where there is no room for them to play. If Angelos still owned the team, it makes sense to have those young guys ready to go when our younger vets hit FA and probably leave. Now that we have an actual real owner, we have a better chance to keep those key guys so the prospects will continue to be stuck in the minors. 

We have a legit shot this year and getting a young stud like Jesus would greatly improve our chances especially if trading a Westburg along with a couple other prospects. 

On 2/15/2024 at 6:50 PM, WarehouseChatter said:

Give Snell a high dollar, short-term deal. 3 years, $100M.  Yes there is risk, but at least as his deal expires, our young talent will begin hitting arbitration. I like this more than trading away more prospects for Luzardo.

I rather save our money to resign Gunnar or Adley than sign a high priced FA pitcher. We have a good amount of solid prospects where there is no room for them to play. If Angelos still owned the team, it makes sense to have those young guys ready to go when our younger vets hit FA and probably leave. Now that we have an actual real owner, we have a better chance to keep those key guys so the prospects will continue to be stuck in the minors. 

We have a legit shot this year and getting a young stud like Jesus would greatly improve our chances especially if trading a Westburg along with a couple other prospects. 

17 minutes ago, ChosenOne21 said:

Should we never make a significant trade for a pitcher, or do you have reason to believe Luzardo is especially likely to tear his UCL?

I don't know. Does it matter that he had TJ surgery in high school and missed a significant part of 2022 with a forearm strain?

8 minutes ago, Os4days said:

A big 3 year deal does nothing to stop those extensions from happening.  None of those guys would be making any real money for the next 2-3 years whether they sign them or not.

19 minutes ago, Os4days said:

IMG_1990.jpeg

Westburg, Hays, Beavers, and Povich wouldn’t break us. 

Westburg is replaced with Mayo and Holliday. We’d still have Urias and Mateo has bench options the next two seasons if we want. Norby somewhere. 

Hays as only two years left. So it’s trade him now or next offseason. We gotta be willing to play the young guys. Cowser is his replacement. We’d have Kjerstad also. Hilliard too.

Povich is a nice prospect but he’s probably more of a reliever on a team trying to win the AL East. We have plenty of LH RP depth. Coloumbe, Perez, Irvin, Vespi, Akin, Crook.

Beavers hurts but we still have Cowser and Kjerstad. Plus guys like Norby, Horvath, Wagner, Cook, Rhodes.

And we have a slew of draft picks to back fill our depth. 

My theory for making a trade like this is,

- Why have Westburg be the 4th IF this year?

- We have to trade Hays next offseason, so why not trade him now and ride with Cowser.

Povich and Beavers are good prospects, but we have upcoming draft picks to replace them. 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

I don't know. Does it matter that he had TJ surgery in high school and missed a significant part of 2022 with a forearm strain?

The high school TJ doesn't worry me. The forearm strain does a little. Doesn't seem he's much more likely than the average pitcher to need TJS in the next three years.

2 hours ago, yark14 said:

I had a very vivid, very real dream last night that we traded for Luzardo.  Westburg was the centerpiece of the trade from our end, and we only had to give up a few mid-level prospects in addition.  The dream included reactions of O's fans on social media, and Tim Kurkjian talking on TV about the trade. It was so real that when I woke up I thought it actually happened.  I spent probably 10 minutes this morning searching MLBtraderumors and the MLB website for the details until I finally realized it was a dream.

A62AE83A-62B4-4897-B085-FF21D58D4493.jpeg.a5dd81ef88891527982e61b156ab7467.jpeg

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sportsfan8703 said:

How many lefty relievers do you want?  Chapman and Hader?  Oh my bad, they have to be homegrown as well. So left handed. Homegrown.  Does Povich count as homegrown?  Haha. I love this crowd. 

I mean, if the O's get all of them they never have to worry about Gunnar having to face one...

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

How many lefty relievers do you want?  Chapman and Hader?  Oh my bad, they have to be homegrown as well. So left handed. Homegrown.  Does Povich count as homegrown?  Haha. I love this crowd. 

You listed a bunch of mediocre to poor relievers, who happen to be left handed.