Article on Machado and the O's Today

Bahama O's Fan

5 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

That sums it up well.  There’s no guarantee that we’re in the situation we’re in if we keep him.  

I wish we’d have kept him, it hurts to see a future hall of famer leave. But if the decision is between having kept Manny and the setup we have now, give me what we have all day, every day. 

Can we have the setup we have and Manny, on fresh terms Elias negotiates.    An acquiring Club may not have to take on much more than Matt Chapman-ish financial obligation if they give some real Minors talent.

I'm skipping ahead granted - the 2024 Padres could still be a playoff team.     Fernando Tatis' range of outcomes is still Grayson Rodriguez wide.

Ryan McKenna might give them a better shot against Yamamoto and Glasnow than Jackson Merrill would in a few weeks.

This SI story seems like just their AI chat bot glomming on to Manny going on Adam Jones' podcast.    I thought it was interesting there Manny shared he owns some of a soccer team just like John Henry.

Any Nelson Cruz or Frank Robinson right-handed masher could in time become a finishing touch on the mix, Manny's just more fun from a fan standpoint.    How Coby Mayo progresses both as a 3B defender and a MOO Bat could have big impact how urgently the Club needs that ingredient.

It wouldn't shock me if Sigbot preferred the risk of spending 5/150 on Manny Machado than it does the risk of spending 5/150 on Corbin Burnes for 2025-2029.

• Upvote 2