March 3 vs the Pirates in Bradenton

SteveA

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

I'm not watching the game.  Do you think Holliday should have had it or was it one of those plays he was lucky to even get to it?

Would have been a great play to make; however, if he had knocked it down and kept it in front of him  or at least nearby, the runner from 2nd wouldn't have scored.   Instead it went hard off the tip of the glove and Mateo had to chase it down in short LF so with 2 outs the runner from 2nd scored.

Edit:  Not Mateo, Westburg.   Mateo is in CF today .

Edited by SteveA

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Chito said:

it's going to be both really exciting and super frustrating to watch Grayson this year. to be expected, i guess.

Looks like he had some trouble repeating his delivery today. Especially at the top of it as his hands separated. 

Yea he’ll be frustrating I think. 

2 hours ago, eddie83 said:

Anybody else having issues accessing MLB.TV?

After the fact answer, but it depends on what platform I'm using. On my Safari browser on my Mac with a VPN, no issue. With my preferred method, the Fire-TV MLB app, I've been denied access for no reason at all.  But today, no issue with either. 

Btw, whoever tipped me to the MLBPAA 50% discount for MLB-TV, thank you! My old subscription expired Feb. 29 and I re-upped with that discount on March 1. 

4 hours ago, Babkins said:

Was that Watson or Armbreuster who pitched last inning for us? The box score says Watson, which is what the Pirates’ broadcasters were saying, but he was wearing no. 98.

According to the Pirates announcers (and the box score), it was Kade Strowd.

4 hours ago, Babkins said:

Was that Watson or Armbreuster who pitched last inning for us? The box score says Watson, which is what the Pirates’ broadcasters were saying, but he was wearing no. 98.

My previous response was about the 9th inning. If you're referring to the 6th inning, I believe that was Watson.

On 3/3/2024 at 4:09 PM, NashLumber said:

After the fact answer, but it depends on what platform I'm using. On my Safari browser on my Mac with a VPN, no issue. With my preferred method, the Fire-TV MLB app, I've been denied access for no reason at all.  But today, no issue with either. 

Btw, whoever tipped me to the MLBPAA 50% discount for MLB-TV, thank you! My old subscription expired Feb. 29 and I re-upped with that discount on March 1. 

Delete your app and then add it back. That worked for me. 

Edited by eddie83