Oriolea moving to a more expensive cable package on Comcast

• Going Underground changed the title to Oriolea moving to a more expensive cable package on Comcast

https://www.thebaltimorebanner.com/sports/orioles-mlb/masn-comcast-deal-more-expensive-package-XL6RO3BB35F5LHYL24QEM5JLCU/

"For those who wish to continue watching MASN, the monthly Xfinity TV charge will eventually be $20 extra per month. However, a spokesperson for Comcast said the cable network will run a promotion for customers merging to the Ultimate TV package. The first three months will be free, the next three months will be $10 extra, and by the seventh month the $20 charge will take effect."

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ThisIsBirdland said:

Does The Sun article mention the length of the agreement? The Banner article makes no mention of it. I would hope a short-term extension may indicate a potential streaming option sooner rather than later.

No. Just says the transition will be Tuesday. Not sure if you have to switch to the Ultimate package by then to get the first three mo tha free and $10.00 for the next three months 

My latest Comcast bill shows I have "Limited Basic, Expanded Basic, & Digital Preferred Tier." I don't even see any plan on their web site called "Ultimate TV." So I have no idea if I will have to upgrade or not. I guess I'll have to wait to see if Comcast contacts me before March 12th or whether or not I can still access MASN after that date.

20 minutes ago, rm5678 said:

My latest Comcast bill shows I have "Limited Basic, Expanded Basic, & Digital Preferred Tier." I don't even see any plan on their web site called "Ultimate TV." So I have no idea if I will have to upgrade or not. I guess I'll have to wait to see if Comcast contacts me before March 12th or whether or not I can still access MASN after that date.

Not sure but I know digital starter,digital preferred and digital premier. Maybe it is the premier. 

2 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Not sure but I know digital starter,digital preferred and digital premier. Maybe it is the premier. 

You might be right, but it's too bad that they make the names of these plans so confusing that it's hard to tell what is what.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, rm5678 said:

You might be right, but it's too bad that they make the names of these plans so confusing that it's hard to tell what is what.

The names they are using in the article are not packages I am familiar with in the Baltimore region. Popular plan? Nope 

1 hour ago, dystopia said:

Get that VPN. F Comcast. 

They don't always work. MLB works really hard to defeat VPN workarounds. The only VPN that has ever worked consistently for me is Norton 360's, and that limits the devices on which I can watch games. 

10 minutes ago, Jagwar said:

They don't always work. MLB works really hard to defeat VPN workarounds. The only VPN that has ever worked consistently for me is Norton 360's, and that limits the devices on which I can watch games. 

Yeah that's the one I use. I agree it's an unfortunate situation. 

3 hours ago, Satyr3206 said:

I feel bad for you all. Comcast is the worst cable company I have ever dealt with. Good Luck.

It's not fair to restrict Comcast's badness to just cable companies.  I feel like they're one of the worst companies I've ever dealt with right up there with Sprint.