If we are going to thank the Oriole front office, Elias, Sig, and others...why wouldn't we acknowledge Eve?

Uh, I see no reason to exclude Eve Rosenbaum from any thanks whatsoever. She should definitely be included. Thanks, Eve!!!!!! Keep up your amazing work (other than Kemp.) Seriously... if she was the GM, she'd get plenty of public thanks. And I'm sure she gets plenty of thanks internally. She's a savage. She'll definitely be a GM someday. 

But how about Erika Littlefield? Julia Wapner? Ramon Alarcon? Thanks to everyone in the front office for all their hard work getting this organization off the mat. It takes a village and we've got a damn good village.

• Upvote 3

Just now, interloper said:

Eve is awesome. Lots of O's fans know and respect her and she is well-regarded. Likely to be the GM whenever Elias decides to move on. 

Give me the Team President/General Manager combo promotion if that's ever the case.

The only issue I have with the OP is it implies that we don't already acknowledge her. Maybe we don't enough, but she gets a lot of notoriety amongst the nerdiest Orioles fans. 

She's a really impressive interview for sure, and seemingly quite important in the front office.

• Upvote 4

I think Eve gets plenty of recognition, or at minimum as much recognition as anyone else in her position.

Sig obviously gets a little special attention because of his background and Elias as the GM is going to get the lion's share of the credit.

Eve went to high school with my kids.  She comes from a very high achieving family full of Orioles fans.  Match made in heaven!   It’s great that both she and Elias have local roots - enhances our chances of keeping the band together.   

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, LookinUp said:

The only issue I have with the OP is it implies that we don't already acknowledge her. Maybe we don't enough, but she gets a lot of notoriety amongst the nerdiest Orioles fans. 

She's a really impressive interview for sure, and seemingly quite important in the front office.

I hear ya...I just dont know that I've heard people on this page or just Oriole fans in general talk about what an amazing hire she has been for this organisation...if you or others have mentioned it...Im sorry...I didnt see it..

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, LookinUp said:

I don’t remember ever seeing a Sig Mejdal thread.

Edited by RZNJ

Because how many times do we see the assistant GM lauded?

Roy says she isn’t token, and that’s fine, I believe him. But I don’t believe this thread is being created if she isn’t a female. 

That said, if she gets a promotion elsewhere, I am sure there would be a thread on her and her absence being a loss for the organization. 

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Because how many times do we see the assistant GM lauded?

Roy says she isn’t token, and that’s fine, I believe him. But I don’t believe this thread is being created if she isn’t a female. 

That said, if she gets a promotion elsewhere, I am sure there would be a thread on her and her absence being a loss for the organization. 

This is obviously true, yeah. Assistant GM's rarely get the spotlight just like long snappers rarely get the spotlight.  

What was also clear in talking with Rosenbaum, and Orioles Executive Vice President and General Manager Mike Elias, the fact that she's a woman doing this job isn't that big of a deal. She's just really good at it.

She's no DEI hire. The org is lucky to have her.

https://www.wbaltv.com/article/eve-rosenbaum-orioles-assistant-gm-womens-history-month/60231800

I saw Eve doing some administrative work and preparing some of the players to get their pay checks during a video once. She was very organized and she is definitely very smart. She left a very positive impression on me. She may not get as much notoriety among the most casual of fans, but she is still a good asset in the leadership of this Franchise.

That's not to say I want her or the front office dictating lineup cards to Brandon Hyde, like someone around here rumored in a post once. The Manager should be allowed to do his job and make the lineups.