Matt Holliday not happy

Sports Guy

13 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

That’s not evidence of anything we are arguing.

You said most of the players that get held back are held back because they are Boras clients.

Thats not even true for the Orioles, much less MLB. So, what is your evidence that most of the players are Boras clients?

lol, yeah it is! 😂

11 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

It can be simulated pretty easily with a machine. I’m sure he got plenty of live ABs v lefties.  But with that said, MLB lefties are pretty hard to replicate.  

Could a vet like LH RP Andrew Suarez essentially be Holliday’s LHP personal “caddie” in AAA. He’s 31. 

We also have Vespi, Krook, Zimmerman, Povich, Davidson, and Luis Gonzalez in AAA from the LH side. 

Maybe Holliday can get some side sessions in with them. Simulated games?

Just now, dystopia said:

lol, yeah it is! 😂

No it’s not. You said his clients make up most of the guys who aren’t brought up early. All you did was present a list of his clients.

What about every other non Boras client?

You havent even remotely provided any evidence to your bs, non fact based comment that you were so sure of.

18 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

So you're arguing that mostly only Boras clients get held back for service clock manipulation but others don't?

18 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

So you're arguing that mostly only Boras clients get held back for service clock manipulation but others don't?

I’m saying it happens more often with Boras clients because Boras clients don’t sign extensions. 

I didn’t say it never happens with players who have other agents. 

Just now, Sports Guy said:

No it’s not. You said his clients make up most of the guys who aren’t brought up early. All you did was present a list of his clients.

What about every other non Boras client?

You havent even remotely provided any evidence to your bs, non fact based comment that you were so sure of.

Sure. Keep telling yourself that. Think Langford makes the OD roster if his client is Boras? I doubt it. But go ahead with your delusions.  

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, dystopia said:

I’m saying it happens more often with Boras clients because Boras clients don’t sign extensions. 

I didn’t say it never happens with players who have other agents. 

Okay...I mean, what we're arguing about is so non-consequential I don't even really see the point in arguing about it.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, dystopia said:

Sure. Keep telling yourself that. Think Langford makes the OD roster if his client is Boras? I doubt it. But go ahead with your delusions.  

Show your proof about the other clients.

As I said, just in recent seasons, the Os have had many guys ready to come up and didn’t.  Holliday is the only Boras client.

Edited by Sports Guy

3 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Show your proof about the other clients.

As I said, just in recent seasons, the Os have had many guys ready to come up and didn’t.  Holliday is the only Boras client.

The O’s are a bad example because many of their young players are, or have been, blocked. And you’re wrong, Gunnar is also a Boras client. You clearly have no idea what you’re talking about. If you think Boras isn’t a factor in these things you’re just naive.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, dystopia said:

The O’s are a bad example because many of their young players are, or have been, blocked. And you’re wrong, Gunnar is also a Boras client. You clearly have no idea what you’re talking about. If you think Boras isn’t a factor in these things you’re just naive.

Ok, let me respond to this stupidity one point at a time.

1) Gunnar wasn’t ready to be on the OD roster in 2022.

2) Lots of players are blocked.  That is part of why they are held back. Some of them are Boras clients and others arent

3) Service time, more than Boras, is why his particular clients will get held back.

4) you still haven’t address the actual argument. These were YOUR words:

I wouldn't say the only ones but it definitely happens way  more often with his clients.

So, what is your proof that it happens with his clients way more than every one else? 

16 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Could a vet like LH RP Andrew Suarez essentially be Holliday’s LHP personal “caddie” in AAA. He’s 31. 

We also have Vespi, Krook, Zimmerman, Povich, Davidson, and Luis Gonzalez in AAA from the LH side. 

Maybe Holliday can get some side sessions in with them. Simulated games?

You have to imagine they have a very specific approach.  They aren’t just gonna put him down there and say, ok kid get better at lefties.  What you outlined makes sense.  Have him get live ABs on those guys bullpen days makes all the sense in the world.  

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

Ok, let me respond to this stupidity one point at a time.

1) Gunnar wasn’t ready to be on the OD roster in 2022.

2) Lots of players are blocked.  That is part of why they are held back. Some of them are Boras clients and others arent

3) Service time, more than Boras, is why his particular clients will get held back.

4) you still haven’t address the actual argument. These were YOUR words:

I wouldn't say the only ones but it definitely happens way  more often with his clients.

So, what is your proof that it happens with his clients way more than every one else? 

I've already given you evidence. If you don't like it that's not problem. Now go away.