Matt Holliday not happy

Sports Guy

Just now, dystopia said:

I wouldn't say the only ones but it definitely happens way  more often with his clients.

Just now, dystopia said:

I wouldn't say the only ones but it definitely happens way  more often with his clients.

It does?  Do you have evidence of that?

6 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Why wasn't he up in 2021?

Why was he assigned to the minors when his rehab was finished in 2022?

They probably felt he wasn't ready in 2021. You're really grasping at straws here. He had an injury which was why he wasn't on the OD roster. 

12 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

What are you arguing here?

Well, if he wasn't, (and SG says he wasn't, not sure where he got that info) that is a small piece of evidence in favor of my argument. 

13 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

His exact wording was..if he was under contract like…

If he’s going to mention that, it should be a put your money with your mouth this type thing.

Matt Holliday is a savvy former player. He chose his words carefully. He's not being disingenuous. You're just reading into his words what you want them to mean. 

3 minutes ago, dystopia said:

Well, if he wasn't, (and SG says he wasn't, not sure where he got that info) that is a small piece of evidence in favor of my argument. 

So you're arguing that mostly only Boras clients get held back for service clock manipulation but others don't?

4 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

The Holliday’s should’ve hired some LHPs for Jackson to go up against in live ABs this offseason. Maybe they did and he’s still struggling?    I Imagine he could at least do cage work versus LHP in AAA. 

It can be simulated pretty easily with a machine. I’m sure he got plenty of live ABs v lefties.  But with that said, MLB lefties are pretty hard to replicate.  

21 minutes ago, dystopia said:

I went through the top 10 players on this list -- not one started their first year on the OD roster. 

https://www.ranker.com/list/boras-corporation-clients-athletes/ranker-sports

That’s not evidence of anything we are arguing.

You said most of the players that get held back are held back because they are Boras clients.

Thats not even true for the Orioles, much less MLB. So, what is your evidence that most of the players are Boras clients?

6 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

Matt Holliday is a savvy former player. He chose his words carefully. He's not being disingenuous. You're just reading into his words what you want them to mean. 

Nah. If his son isn’t willing to sign an extension, then it is disingenuous for him to bring that up as an example of why someone makes an OD roster and isn’t subject to being held back due to service time.