Matt Holliday not happy

Sports Guy

Just now, LA2 said:

I know it was an interview with leading Qs, but I hope Matt Holliday soon reminds himself that he's not part of the decision-making process of the Orioles.

I'm sure he knows that.

He also knows that he probably is part of the decision making process for any future extensions with Jackson.

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm sure he knows that.

He also knows that he probably is part of the decision making process for any future extensions with Jackson.

If there were any chance Boras would let him extend early I’d be more concerned. He’s 100% going to free agency, might as well get what they can early.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Malike said:

So they took a snip from the blurb where he wasn't "unhappy" and the Banner takes 1 small quote without the full context, which Holliday was completely reasonable in his assessment and now he's unhappy. This is why social media and journalism have become a meme.

Soooo true. The non-cherrypicked interview with Holliday is a 100% reasonable take. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

BORAS IS THE EMPLOYEE!

There is no let.

Boras is the expert in his field. If your lawyer or accountant advises you to take a course of action, most people do that. They’re also employees. 

5 minutes ago, Malike said:

So they took a snip from the blurb where he wasn't "unhappy" and the Banner takes 1 small quote without the full context, which Holliday was completely reasonable in his assessment and now he's unhappy. This is why social media and journalism have become a meme.

Did the Banner say he was unhappy or was it just Sports Guy?

• Upvote 3

33 minutes ago, Satyr3206 said:

Tell him to suck it up, buttercup. Or buy a Team.

Are you joking? ... It's kind of important to our long term success that we are able to extend budding stars like his son. The last thing that I would want is to alienate him or his son.