3/28 Opening Day 2024: The Next Chapter.

Satyr3206

2 minutes ago, nevadaO said:

The new pitching machine Palmer was talking about sounds cool. Reminds me of the old batting cage at OPACY where you could stand in and face Randy Johnson.

That's exactly what I thought of when I heard them talk about it. I'm guessing this new pitching machine is a little more advanced.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, LA2 said:

Wow Angels' OD starter can't get past the 1.2 innings on 60 pitches and gets the hook. Orioles are going to wear down opposing pitchers like an iron file.

It wasn't that long ago it was the Yankees doing it to the O's.  It used to drive me crazy.  Glad those days look to be over.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, G54377 said:

Lol as we say this he dives for an out. He had a very public quote in the offseason that baseball is not really his priority in life.

He also had one a few years ago that was probably just him saying he doesn't like watching baseball.

Which, I think a lot of players aren't huge fans of watching baseball.

Watching the Angels defense reinforces to me how important our defense is. Good defense makes everything better, and I don’t know how ours stands up against the rest of baseball, but I think we’ve got a stellar defense all around and that’s going to make a lot of difference.
I don’t think the Yankees defense, or anybody in the east for that matter, can compare with ours

2 minutes ago, G54377 said:

Lol as we say this he dives for an out. He had a very public quote in the offseason that baseball is not really his priority in life.

I think the quote has been taken out of context. It's no different than the famous Gayle Sayers quote that inspired his book "I Am Third". 

Rendon: 

"It's never been a top priority for me," Rendon said. "This is a job. I do this to make a living. My faith, my family come first before this job. So if those things come before it, I'm leaving."

Sayers: 

“The Lord is first, my friends are second, and I am third.” 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1