2024 Ongoing Lineup Thread

spleen1015

29 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

image.thumb.jpeg.ba0d85bdaa8c6c60a932992129400bc8.jpeg

This lineup makes a lot of sense. We’re not trying to lose this series. A lineup. Possible playoff preview if things stay the same roster wise. Mounty batting 7th with a RHP. Cowser and his .600 OPS since April is sitting. 

24 minutes ago, Pickles said:

As we've seen with Cowser, they're willing to give guys more and more ABs based on performance, and that includes against same handed pitchers.

Nobody is just going to be handed an every day position- as you define it- coming out of the MiLs w the possible exception of Holliday, and we saw even that was not open-ended.

Never asked for everyday..but real opportunity should be there and hiding behind some stupid archaic rule when the info you actually have suggests otherwise is dumb.

2 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Never asked for everyday..but real opportunity should be there and hiding behind some stupid archaic rule when the info you actually have suggests otherwise is dumb.

Westburg is an every day guy this year.

Holliday was given every day reps when he was up.  I suspect when they bring him back up, they'll bring him back up when they're ready to do that again.

Cowser played himself into an every day role, and now they've backed off on that a bit since he's been scuffling.

Kjerstad, this call up, has been playing almost every day.  He's played 10 of 13 games since his call up in June.

Who are all these guys not getting opportunities?

The one with a legit beef is probably Stowers, but unfortunately for him he's been surpassed by Cowser and Kjerstad.  Surely you don't want Stowers getting Abs over those guys.

So exactly who isn't getting an opportunity?

24 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Westburg is an every day guy this year.

Holliday was given every day reps when he was up.  I suspect when they bring him back up, they'll bring him back up when they're ready to do that again.

Cowser played himself into an every day role, and now they've backed off on that a bit since he's been scuffling.

Kjerstad, this call up, has been playing almost every day.  He's played 10 of 13 games since his call up in June.

Who are all these guys not getting opportunities?

The one with a legit beef is probably Stowers, but unfortunately for him he's been surpassed by Cowser and Kjerstad.  Surely you don't want Stowers getting Abs over those guys.

So exactly who isn't getting an opportunity?

Are you actually following the conversation or are you just trying to argue?  

I don’t know whose turn it is in the Cubs rotation for tomorrow, but if it’s a RHP, I’d like to see Kjerstad DH, Cowser in left, and O’Hearn and 1st with Mounty on the bench. 

2 minutes ago, dystopia said:

I don’t know whose turn it is in the Cubs rotation for tomorrow, but if it’s a RHP, I’d like to see Kjerstad DH, Cowser in left, and O’Hearn and 1st with Mounty on the bench. 

I believe we are getting there 3 best pitchers. Imonaga, Tailon, Steele. 

10 minutes ago, dystopia said:

Of course we are. 

While those three SP are pretty good. The Cubs problem is their bullpen but even more so (like much of MLB) their offense.

I'm very confident that we will handle them like we do everyone else.

2 minutes ago, Sanity Check said:

I think we will struggle to score runs against these guys.  Imanaga is the real deal, the kind of pitcher that will give us fits.

Can you get Roy to start a thread on it?

4 minutes ago, Sanity Check said:

I think we will struggle to score runs against these guys.  Imanaga is the real deal, the kind of pitcher that will give us fits.

Yawn.... Orioles record 57- 33. Cubs record 42- 49. 

I like our chances.

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

I like our chances against them but this smells like a bit of a trap series, too. @Sanity Checkis right, Imanaga seems to be the type that will give us fits.  

I acknowledge that the 3 starters that they have going this series are very good. But their offense and pen are not. I don't worry much about "trap series" or even "big series" with this team. Over the last year and a half (in the regular season) they tend to roll no matter what.