2024 Ongoing Lineup Thread

spleen1015

9 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

That's really the only "good" lineup with the players on the 26 man right now. Imagine if we had Kjerstad and Mayo in there. 

With a LHP, you have to assume Slater in CF and Jimenez at DH.   It’s just a question of when McCann catches.   On days when McCann catches and a RHP going, Adley at DH.  With a LHP on such does maybe Adley gets a complete day off.   Soto won’t see the light of day.

On 7/31/2024 at 11:17 AM, interloper said:

I think vs LHP, we could see something like this:

Adley - C
Tony - RF
Hendo - SS
Mounty - 1B
Jimenez - DH
Cowser - LF
Westburg - 3B
Slater - CF
Holliday - 2B

McCann often catches against LHP and Adley DH's. So I'm still having a bit of trouble understanding how Jimenez is going to fit in.

6 minutes ago, rm5678 said:

McCann often catches against LHP and Adley DH's. So I'm still having a bit of trouble understanding how Jimenez is going to fit in.

I think the idea is for McCann to catch less against LHP with Jimenez DHing. 

Very small sample size, but LF Kjerstad may have the same D- rating or worse as 3B Mayo.

Their situations are I guess kind of similar as long as Santander blocks Kjerstad from his natural RF position.

If the O'Hearn/Eloy DH platoon hums, they might not have a path back this year.

21 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

With a LHP, you have to assume Slater in CF and Jimenez at DH.   It’s just a question of when McCann catches.   On days when McCann catches and a RHP going, Adley at DH.  With a LHP on such does maybe Adley gets a complete day off.   Soto won’t see the light of day.

So you think they prefer Slater to Cowser in CF?

4 minutes ago, SteveA said:

So you think they prefer Slater to Cowser in CF?

Good question.  I don’t know.  Cowser is so good in LF.  If they are comparable as CF they might prefer to just keep Cowser in LF.

Honestly, I think they just should have kept Pache who we know is a plus defensive CF and might hit a little vs. LHP.   

Edited by RZNJ

19 minutes ago, Big Mac said:

I think the idea is for McCann to catch less against LHP with Jimenez DHing. 

Or Adley to get the day off completely. I doubt they lessen McCanns role

3 hours ago, accinfo said:

Who would you take out of that lineup for Kjersted?  You can argue for Mayo for Urias.

Mountcastle for one game, Cowser for another, Santander for another, Mullins for another. Give those guys one day off a week, starting Kjerstad four out of seven days

1 minute ago, Fiver6565 said:

And the same people who said that probably wouldn't count Santander as 'homegrown', I suppose.

There was a ton of talk in 21 and 22 about how we had to "speed this up" and bring in guys from "outside the org" because nobody "can compete with a fully homegrown lineup."

Well, this team's competing; it's almost entirely homegrown; and the window is just opening.

• Upvote 2