Joey Ortiz 2024

spleen1015

23 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Yeah, but the White Sox couldn’t have used him…they have a .701 OPS at SS and .544 at 3B.  Ortiz now sitting at .895.  

Just showed the ignorance of that board. I’m fine with them saying they wanted someone younger.  

But saying he won’t be good and comparing him to guys where he had numbers that far exceeded them was just lazy and flat out stupid. 90% of that board looks like complete fools over many things that have happened since we were on it.

They were way wrong on many things and don’t even seem to have a pulse on their own team.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Just showed the ignorance of that board. I’m fine with them saying they wanted someone younger.  

But saying he won’t be good and comparing him to guys where he had numbers that far exceeded them was just lazy and flat out stupid. 90% of that board looks like complete fools over many things that have happened since we were on it.

They were way wrong on many things and don’t even seem to have a pulse on their own team.

I’m interested to see how the MIL-CWS series goes two weeks from now.  I hope Joey torches them. 

Edited by Frobby

For the record, I hated giving him up, and felt he could have had a long-term role in this organization, and said that many, many times.

That said, this is the game, and this team is highly unlikely to ever really regret it unless something very strange happens with Holliday.

I totally understand the trade from the O's perspective, but a lot of how we feel about this trade long-term is going to be determined by a few starts in October.

On 5/16/2024 at 8:10 PM, Frobby said:

Yeah, but the White Sox couldn’t have used him…they have a .701 OPS at SS and .544 at 3B.  Ortiz now sitting at .895.  

Little Nicky Madrigal.  6 homers in 924 PA

Little Nicky Ortiz 5 homers in 150 PA

To White Sox fans.  “My name is Joey and I’ll be homering against you soon”.