Orioles attendance 2024

7 hours ago, Baseball fandom said:

Is there any chance of the Orioles catching any of the teams in front of them with large crowds over the weekend? 

No.   They are about 45,000 behind the Mets with two home dates left for each team.  The Mets have the Phillies at home and will draw big crowds this weekend (bigger than ours, probably).   The other teams are too far ahead to catch.  

Well, the changes to the flex plans this year led both me ($1200 plan) and my friend ($2500 plan) to not renew for next year. The decision to more severely limit playoff presale access and dramatically reduce the discount on food and drinks at the park just didn’t make it worth it to tie up that much money in advance. So, we’ll likely go to far fewer games next year. Given the press reports and online reaction, I have to think we weren’t alone in our decision making. 

I always compare where we are in attendance to payroll. As it stands our attendance will be 19th in the league and payroll 22nd. The Twins are at 19th with 130 million dollar payroll which is 22 million higher than ours. I expect the Nats and Tigers to spend a little this offseason so that 130 million mark for 19th place may move closer to 140. Still gives this team 50-60 million to spend on either resigning guys or free agents.