Royals Series Weather

Orioles Jim

IMG_0505.thumb.jpeg.1025ff9da1115609d6a7f82d383fb9b1.jpeg

So, uh, is this series even gonna happen at all?

Figured that similar to the Opening Day Weather thread, we can post updates for this coming series.

Sports Guy, please post any updates you’ve got from your guy that appears to be ahead of the curve.  Anyone else also of course feel free to share anything 

I was planning on going tonight/tomorrow but that’s obviously in doubt. I’d be open to going to make up game on Thursday but it looks like even that might be in doubt!

Edited by Orioles Jim

11 minutes ago, Orioles Jim said:

Figured that similar to the Opening Day Weather thread, we can post updates for this coming series.

Sports Guy, please post any updates you’ve got from your guy that appears to be ahead of the curve.  Anyone else also of course feel free to share anything 

I was planning on going tonight/tomorrow but that’s obviously in doubt. I’d be open to going to make up game on Thursday but it looks like even that might be in doubt!

Royals are playing the White Sox on Thursday at home 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Orioles Jim said:

He posted an update over the weekend and said that rain will be theme through Wednesday but that’s all he has mentioned thus far.

Tonight will happen.  Wednesday could happen. Tuesday looks doubtful as of right now.  

I doubt they would do a DHer this early in the season, so I would say 2 games get played.  Os have the day off on Thursday but KC does not.  Make up date later in the season is likely outcome.

Both teams do have an off day on April 18 and on April 19, the series in KC starts.  So, they could go that route and it’s basically a 4 game series.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

He posted an update over the weekend and said that rain will be theme through Wednesday but that’s all he has mentioned thus far.

Tonight will happen.  Wednesday could happen. Tuesday looks doubtful as of right now.  

I doubt they would do a DHer this early in the season, so I would say 2 games get played.  Os have the day off on Thursday but KC does not.  Make up date later in the season is likely outcome.

Both teams do have an off day on April 18 and on April 19, the series in KC starts.  So, they could go that route and it’s basically a 4 game series.

September 12th looks like one of the possibilities. Royals are in NY and going to Pittburgh.Orioles are in Boston and going to Detroit. Both are off that Thursday. Doubt they play the make ups in KC 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, dystopia said:

I hate April. 

Beginning of April is always Winters fart trail. We got a week  of amazing weather in mid March and since its rained almost every day

Edited by Orioles0615

28 minutes ago, OrangeRocks said:

I've been hating December through April. It feels like all we get is rain. February was a break.

The region needed it.  4th Q 2022 through 3rd Q 2023 were close to ten inches of rain below normal.   But it can stop now…

3 hours ago, Frobby said:

The region needed it.  4th Q 2022 through 3rd Q 2023 were close to ten inches of rain below normal.   But it can stop now…

I just wish we could get adequate rainfall throughout the year instead of the feast or famine it's been for some time now.